Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

KittyCatS! Automatic Cat Feeder
07-03-2013, 09:48 PM
Lightbulb KittyCatS! Automatic Cat Feeder
I purchased the KittyCatS! Automatic Cat Feeder and it works great Smile The only issue I found with it was that it only allows the owner of the Feeder to transfer bowls of Food and Milk into its contents tab. If anyone can right-click the Feeder and view the contents tab, why not go a step further and allow anyone to transfer bowls of Food and Milk into the Feeder. Perhaps in the drop-down menu an option for Access, the way sofas and beds have, where access can be set to Owner only, Everyone, or Group Huh
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2013, 10:32 PM
RE: KittyCatS! Automatic Cat Feeder
That would require the Food or Milk to be transferable.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-04-2013, 08:05 PM
(07-03-2013 10:32 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  That would require the Food or Milk to be transferable.

Actually requiring Food and Milk to be transferable has nothing to do with it. You would be dragging Food and Milk bowls from your inventory into the contents tab of the Feeder, not transferring it to another person. I was suggesting that access to the Automatic Feeder should be open to all, not just left to the owner of the Feeder. This way if more than one person live together and want to add bowls into the Feeder, they can.
07-04-2013, 10:09 PM
As I said, that would require the Food and Milk to be transferable. Putting an object (food bowl) into an object owned by someone else (auto feeder) requires the first object (food bowl) to have Transfer permission. Food and Milk are No-Transfer, so one cannot put them into someone else's feeder. Simply making them Transfer would allow what you want. KittyCatS! made them No-Transfer for a reason; and I doubt their reasoning will ever change.
07-05-2013, 04:34 AM
I still agree with Jorge, it would be nice to have this ability, especially for the reason he stated of having more than one cat owner using the same feeder. I mean if we can set our food to where the whole group can eat our food, why not make it to where the group can put some of that food back. We can't have one way users here that just doesn't seem right.

Big Grin Kitty Cats Are Like Potato Chips, You Can Never Have Just One Big Grin
07-05-2013, 07:15 PM
(07-04-2013 10:09 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  As I said, that would require the Food and Milk to be transferable. Putting an object (food bowl) into an object owned by someone else (auto feeder) requires the first object (food bowl) to have Transfer permission. Food and Milk are No-Transfer, so one cannot put them into someone else's feeder. Simply making them Transfer would allow what you want. KittyCatS! made them No-Transfer for a reason; and I doubt their reasoning will ever change.

Care to share what that reason is, since it was stated "as-a-matter-of-fact"?
07-05-2013, 07:39 PM
(07-04-2013 10:09 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  As I said, that would require the Food and Milk to be transferable. Putting an object (food bowl) into an object owned by someone else (auto feeder) requires the first object (food bowl) to have Transfer permission. Food and Milk are No-Transfer, so one cannot put them into someone else's feeder. Simply making them Transfer would allow what you want. KittyCatS! made them No-Transfer for a reason; and I doubt their reasoning will ever change.

Yes Tad maybe that means food and milk would have to be transferable for more than one person to supply the auto feeder. But why not. I can understand the food needing to be no copy and no mod, but we've purchased the product and we should be able to transfer it for whatever reason we have. Or they could simply make the feeder like buying food and milk in the cattery. You pay for the equivalent number of bowls of each and the feeder rezzes that many of each until it needs to be resupplied. But if they do that they should make where anyone can pay it and add food or milk.
07-05-2013, 08:00 PM
(07-05-2013 07:39 PM)JerryBttmboy Resident Wrote:  

Yes Tad maybe that means food and milk would have to be transferable for more than one person to supply the auto feeder. But why not. I can understand the food needing to be no copy and no mod, but we've purchased the product and we should be able to transfer it for whatever reason we have. Or they could simply make the feeder like buying food and milk in the cattery. You pay for the equivalent number of bowls of each and the feeder rezzes that many of each until it needs to be resupplied. But if they do that they should make where anyone can pay it and add food or milk.

Yes that sounds like another good idea. If making the milk and food bowls transferable is a problem, then have the auto-feeder set that when you click it, there is an option to pay into the feeder to add bowls of milk and food the way the cattery has it set up. This way anyone who feels like adding food/milk to someone else's auto feeder can and KittyCatS can still hold on to its monopoly.
07-07-2013, 09:27 PM
The reason it is "matter of fact" is because when you put an item into something owned by someone else it is the same as giving them the item. The item/s you put inside something they own become their property.

There have been discussions in the past about making food transferable and basically it comes down to fraud protection. As you know the only legit place you can purchase the food is in the store you will never be tempted to buy from someone else having a "sale" and it turns out to be false food either prims inside another box OR copybotted food. This has happened with other breedables in the past so I am glad that you can only purchase the food from the main store.

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
 Thanks given by: Deer Thistle , Jelly Supply
07-19-2013, 04:27 PM
hmmmm Maybe i'm miss understanding this. But I think this is already possible. I totally forgot that I was on my main AV and I opened the Auto Feeder [purchased by Me - VetMesser] and added the Kitty Kibble and Milk to the Auto Feeder and all ways good? Is this what you mean?

~ Tigger BounceBounce - VeetMesser

*~* This And That Cats *~* Click Here For Taxi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)