Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Dumb Question?
12-18-2012, 09:55 AM
Dumb Question?
If I open an old starter box....say last years Christmas starter....can it pass traits that have been retired since then?
I think it was a Christmas kitty...or an Easter kitty that gave me a Bali Seal. Can one of them still pass that fur if it's the hidden?
Will Steampunks still pass the wavy or frazzled?

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2012, 09:56 AM
RE: Dumb Question?
I think older starters still eventually have the retired traits and not the newer.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Thanks given by: Devilness Chant
12-18-2012, 10:38 AM
I was just wondering because of updates. If the updates change codes or whatever that's in the older kitties.

12-18-2012, 11:10 AM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2012 11:10 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
Interesting question indeed I wonder about that too now you mention it.

Retro Kitties Showroom »

12-18-2012, 11:19 AM
I've heard and would love confirmation. That the kitty doesn't get the traits until it is rezzed for the first time. So if the box was rezzed to say see what gender or collection it was then it's traits where determined at that time you actually rezzed it.

I think the issue, and would like clarification for, would be if the box hasn't been opened. I too have a some from last Halloween and Xmas as well as other Holidays Collectibles. I even have a starter bundle I never opened because I bought on the market.

I know the scripts can be set up for the guaranteed traits like the porcelain & gerbera & wavy whiskers to a specific starter collection. But I think the other 'general' released traits are what is determined when the box is actually rezzed and would go by what is currently out in traits.

Any insight would be appreciated.

"You're just jealous because the kitties only talk to me."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Devilness Chant , Dimpz Morane
12-18-2012, 12:36 PM
When you get a starter pack, not a BOX but a package which rez's boxes .. YES .. the traits are NOT determined until the box is created. I don't know which traits are selected from. I would expect that the NORMAL traits are from the current list. That would mean Russian White, which is retired, would not be available to such a cat. I would also expect that the SPECIAL traits which that box MIGHT have included have the same chance as they would have back when first purchased.

So a Valentine's Day 2011 delivery pack probably won't give you Russian White, but you'll have the same chance now, that you had then, to get Twinkle shade. But, if you have a box, not the delivery package, what you have is what you got when you took the box out of the delivery pack,

Once you have a BOX, the traits are set forever. What you see in the Pedigree/Cattery pages is what you get. The hidden traits were set when the delivery package created the box.

Recently, I did some VERY old boxes. The traits were what one would expect. The issue was that the old boxes were SO OLD that they needed to be updated to use the Cattery. And the updates needed had been lost to the Sands of Time. One or two I was able to update. But the oldest one, which was No Transfer, could not even be sent in for an exchange. They finally sent me an updated replacement and I deleted the way-out-of-date one.
12-18-2012, 01:00 PM
And that is the confirmation I would like to see from KittyCatS as I have heard that someone has taken a 'very old' box out of inventory and rezzed say today, though it was recent, and it had one of the 'new' traits on an 'old' box that was in inventory. The packages 'transfer' the boxes to inventory. The box is not actually rezzed until you take it and rez it in-world and you get the message 'loading' in a nice red font. Supposedly that is the point of contact to determine the traits.

I think that is what we want, the point at which traits are set.

"You're just jealous because the kitties only talk to me."
 Thanks given by: Devilness Chant , Dimpz Morane
12-18-2012, 04:40 PM
Well I'm relieved I've always unpacked the original packaging and rezzed the boxes right away to see what they are. But I would really love to hear from a kc official how it works. Smile

12-18-2012, 04:50 PM
Wow, that is interesting Smile

Retro Kitties Showroom »

12-18-2012, 05:49 PM
Boxes might hide the traits that were existing at the time they have been released.

Which means if you unpack a Valentines 2011 now, it might hide White Russian, but not Bali Seal.

Co-owner of TraitS R uS
[Image: bannieretrupetite.png]
Friendly KittyCatS market & auction site. French, English, Spanish, Dutch, German spoken

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)