Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

New Ears Soft Fold Boo Boo PLACED!
11-04-2015, 07:39 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2016 09:33 AM by fabioazevedo Oh.)
Rainbow New Ears Soft Fold Boo Boo PLACED!
Post here your evidence:

Soft Fold Boo Boo is dominant for Soft Curl ears

[Image: bb849f470e03941a574b98eb5f2fe868.png]

Store: TooAdorable
Blog: Mr.Cat - breeding, market and classes
Link: http://mrcat-kitty.blogspot.com.br/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Dimpz Morane , Barbara Collazo
11-12-2015, 08:35 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2015 08:36 PM by Delwyn Druth.)
RE: New Ears Soft Fold Boo Boo recessiveness
Flickr pic

Soft Fold Boo Boo is recessive to Odyssey Rounded Fold ears or this cat is hiding two ears?
 Thanks given by: fabioazevedo Oh
11-13-2015, 04:02 AM
It's in any case recessive to Mysterious Odyssey Fold. However, motley, I know that it got pulled with Ody rounded fold by someone else.

So I estimate it's exactly between MOF and ORF.

[Image: dbdc23b0ed9386fa00e9cf3a0e785a7a.png]
[Image: 6bed3842ddf493aafaab9737268f419c.png]
11-13-2015, 10:41 PM
Unless a Halloween cat can hide two ears, it's recessive to Ody Rounded Fold, since that is what's showing. I have a Rounded Boo Boo ear Halloween cat to breed to, so there is no pedigreee guesswork. We're getting close!
11-14-2015, 09:46 AM (This post was last modified: 11-14-2015 10:00 AM by fabioazevedo Oh.)
(11-12-2015 08:35 PM)Delwyn Druth Wrote:  Flickr pic

Soft Fold Boo Boo is recessive to Odyssey Rounded Fold ears or this cat is hiding two ears?

Fabulous job , Delwyn . Thank you for sharing.

This greatly reduces the test.

* We have a pedigree proving dominant for Soft Curl ears
* We have a pedigree that proves recessive to Odyssey Rounded Fold

When I put the proof dominant for Soft Curl, it is not valid for the Saga graphics. But since I built this cat, and I have to prove that the SoftCurl ears are pure, then I have no doubt when new ears are between ORF and Soft Curl, so far.

Odyssey Rounded Fold
Rounded Boo Boo
Soft Curl

(11-13-2015 04:02 AM)Yasmina Quihoxil Wrote:  It's in any case recessive to Mysterious Odyssey Fold. However, motley, I know that it got pulled with Ody rounded fold by someone else.

So I estimate it's exactly between MOF and ORF.

Fabulous job, Yasmina. Thank you for sharing.

Delwyn published evidence, undisputed, for recessive Odyssey Rounded Fold ears. you could share the pedigre of friends, to look.

(11-13-2015 10:41 PM)Delwyn Druth Wrote:  Unless a Halloween cat can hide two ears, it's recessive to Ody Rounded Fold, since that is what's showing. I have a Rounded Boo Boo ear Halloween cat to breed to, so there is no pedigreee guesswork. We're getting close!

smile

There is no possibility of the halloween kitten hiding two ears. only one Smile

Test with Rounded Boo Boo ear will be fabulous. Looking forward to seeing your results.

Store: TooAdorable
Blog: Mr.Cat - breeding, market and classes
Link: http://mrcat-kitty.blogspot.com.br/
 Thanks given by: Delwyn Druth
11-14-2015, 10:22 AM (This post was last modified: 11-14-2015 11:16 AM by Delwyn Druth.)
Thanks! I apologize for not displaying Summer's pedigree. You may find it in the same Flickr album where I posted the ears. She is a snowshoe cream showing the ody rounded fold.
Flick pic

I could use advice, though. The other halloween cat that had produced the rounded boo boo ears against a mate that shows soft curl is male. Sadly, I cannot pair him with the male who produced the soft fold boo boo ears.
I unboxed Lizzy (from the original pic I posted). She shows the ody rounded fold and hides the soft fold boo boo. I don't logically see any other possibilities for her to hide. I intended to breed her to the Halloween cat that hides the rounded boo boo. He has also produced genesis ears. So with these two cats, we know exactly what they can pass.

Assuming the charts are correct and rounded boo boo is recessive to ody rounded fold: if the baby from this pairing shows rounded boo boo, we will know the soft fold boo boo is recessive to it and placed. But any other result won't tell us a thing we don't already know. My alternate plan is to unbox the male baby from the Halloween cat that shows rounded boo boo and hides soft curl and use him instead of his father.

Suggestions?
This pic would be more helpful for Summer's info. Not that it matters much, since she passed her showing trait, and we already know the ear is dominant to Soft Curl.

Flickr pic
11-16-2015, 10:00 PM
I have charts proving recessive to ORF too. I can post the charts if you want but it looks like Delwyn already showed it.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
 Thanks given by: Barbara Collazo
01-01-2016, 07:43 PM
(11-04-2015 07:39 AM)fabioazevedo Oh Wrote:  Post here your evidence:

In my opinion, that pedigree has been doctored, photo shopped whatever you want to call it...those ears on that pedigree for Jenene are Soft Folds and the picture of Jenene in the pedigree doesn't have a shadow like all pedigree cats have.

I don't know what is going on here but that picture of Jenene isn't the right picture for that pedigree.

Rheaven Tussaud
01-01-2016, 09:15 PM
Hi Rheaven,

When a new trait is discovered, often the photo isn't "complete" for quite a while. All my Soft Fold Boo Boo kittens in the cattery had this look - with no shadow and the little broken photo icon at the bottom left - until today or yesterday, when the photo was probably updated by KC to the full "look" we are accustomed to.

Song :-)

(01-01-2016 07:43 PM)Rheaven Resident Wrote:  

In my opinion, that pedigree has been doctored, photo shopped whatever you want to call it...those ears on that pedigree for Jenene are Soft Folds and the picture of Jenene in the pedigree doesn't have a shadow like all pedigree cats have.

I don't know what is going on here but that picture of Jenene isn't the right picture for that pedigree.

Rheaven Tussaud
01-03-2016, 08:29 AM
(01-01-2016 09:15 PM)Songdog Woolley Wrote:  Hi Rheaven,

When a new trait is discovered, often the photo isn't "complete" for quite a while. All my Soft Fold Boo Boo kittens in the cattery had this look - with no shadow and the little broken photo icon at the bottom left - until today or yesterday, when the photo was probably updated by KC to the full "look" we are accustomed to.

Song :-)

(01-01-2016 07:43 PM)Rheaven Resident Wrote:  

Rheaven Tussaud

My Bad then,

lol...I didn't realise that happens...I am glad I found out, and as they say you learn something new each day. I have never discovered a new trait so I didnt know.

Thank you for explaining that to me Songdog, its much appreciated.

Rheaven
 Thanks given by: Songdog Woolley

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)