Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Give those "Teen-kitties" a boost of love! (Faster breeding)
12-20-2011, 03:21 PM
Give those "Teen-kitties" a boost of love! (Faster breeding)
Hey all,

Ok - I know I suggested quite a few things recently, but I got one more. -One I have been thinking about for QUITE some time, but now Kayleigh got me to finally say it out loud by saying this in another thread.

When we birth a kitten, it takes 14 days before it is ready to breed.
(Yes, I know it takes 17 without milk, and can take 12-13 if you feed it love-potions, but to avoid complicating things more than necessary, I will use the "most normal" times in this post, which I think is cats that are fed with food + milk)

These 14 days equals 2 breeding cycles for our already adult cats - meaning that we have to wait one breeding cycle (7 days) before introducing this new cat into our on-going breeding program.

Also, 14 days is a VERY long time in SL - and personally, I know of 2 people who got their first kittens and grew tired of waiting before they even got to the point where they can breed. 2 costumers that disappeared before they really started Sad

Another point in this is this: With new traits coming out ever so often, long-term breeding projects, even if you manage the the BEST damn breeding anyone could possibly do, simply don't pay off.
LUCK is what runs it - are you the one to get that starter / special edition that hides the fancy new stuff? THEN you are golden. -Whereas you can take these new traits and start breeding them together + with nice furs, other traits, combining them etc., but with the 14 days it takes for each generation to even get their FIRST kitten, there is NO way we can keep up with the release of new traits.

I wish good breeding was the way to go... I wish I could say that my best bred cat ever was worth as much as that starter that earned me 50k in 3 weeks because it happened to hide a fur that was sought after at the time. I wish it was about figuring out stuff + some luck... and not PURE luck.

So, my suggestion is this: Keep the 7 days grow-up-time for kittens - but make them act as "real teens" - let them start their adult life with 100% love ;-)

That way, breeding could maybe be "the way to go" again, and we would have an easier time combining the newer traits together in the way we strive for before even newer traits are released AGAIN.
If a kitten could mate at 7 days old, it would also mean that it only took one breeding-cycle - meaning that we could birth a cat, and immediately plan for next week's breeding. This would help breeding LOT!! :-)

-Consider this - tell me what you think - and I think I can promise that this is my last "major" suggestion of change for a while... lol.
This, together with the gender on boxes + 5 mins birthing-time for boxes is the top of my wish-list for KittyCatS. To me, all this would make breeding funnier + more rewarding... Which is what I am really after, when it's all cut down to basic Big Grin

Have fun Smile

Saga
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Khea Karas , anna Acanthus , Vilandra Miles , Misa Delight , Karen Veriander , AmoreJade Cyberstar , Jaide Logan , MiuKitten Resident
12-20-2011, 07:58 PM
RE: Give those "Teen-kitties" a boost of love! (Faster breeding)
This is so needed... I have to agree with everything Saga mentioned. Especially with all the new traits we just dont have the time to breed them out before the market drops. I would love to see the breeding cycles revised and 7 days is a great suggestion. Smile

[Image: v9rl.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-20-2011, 09:24 PM
P.S. -I forgot something....

To "even out" the extra breeding time, cut down the "pension time" for KittyCats. Ideally to 100 days max., but at least to 110 Smile
12-20-2011, 11:23 PM
(12-20-2011 03:21 PM)Saga Felix Wrote:  ....

So, my suggestion is this: Keep the 7 days grow-up-time for kittens - but make them act as "real teens" - let them start their adult life with 100% love ;-)

Have fun Smile

Saga

Sounds good.... *thumbs up*

12-22-2011, 12:19 AM
I can totally agree with this suggestion that is the biggest thing when deciding to unpack a new box to breed back is how long it will take for that new kitten to match up with the fully adult kitten, Sometimes I miss a breeding with the adult because I simply don't have a spare partner to take that space while I am waiting on the kitten.

Reducing the breeding time to match with this would be fine with me also.

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Jaide Logan
01-31-2012, 05:06 AM
BUUUMP !!!
01-31-2012, 03:14 PM
I really like this suggestion and am all for the lowering pension-time as well to even it out Smile and it only makes sense, rl dogs and cats start humping everything in their way when they reach age, dunno if that's true for all of course, but from what I've seen lots of animals are like that.
02-02-2012, 01:44 PM
I love all your suggestions Saga and I hope you'll be listened Smile
Thank you for all what you do for us !
02-03-2012, 02:48 AM
I really applaud this. It's the only thing (okay, this and the overload of new traits) of KC's that really frustrates me.

I know KC has nothing to do with the secondary market, but if you buy a new fur/trait now it can be half the price one week later. And if you bought it, you still have to wait another week before you can breed and hopefully get the trait passed.

This means you'll have to sell the offspring right away to get a bit of your investment back. And all I really want to do is keep breeding it.

I prefer the kitties when they are kitten cause they are so cute and small, but the two week wait is just too long. It would be so great if this would be changed and some time taking of the end.

Also I agree with Saga about the luck factor. I don't want to invest in 10 or more limited edition kitties just to have the chance for something new. I prefer buying the fur or trait I really like, but that just doesn't pay off.

Thanks for bringing this up Saga, me and some friends have been talking about this but never thought of posting it as an suggestion Smile
02-08-2012, 01:36 PM
I have to agree with everything saga has said. I would love for cats to start their adult life with 100% love, that way you can start backbreeding quick and whatnot. Catcest ftw? Also if you do the math, they retire at 120, they can make their first baby at 14, from there on after if you have them on milk they make a baby every 7 days. So I would say I calculate there to be roughly 15 breedings there. To maintain that same number of breedings, if they start at 100 love at age 7, and make 15 boxes (including that one) that would be age 105 right? (or 112 if I cant calculate right). So have them stop breeding at that age instead of 120 and itll still be fair but make it quicker to get the little kittys breeding.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)