Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Veterans Day
09-22-2013, 09:29 PM
Wink Veterans Day
I had an idea Idea I was wondering if there were any plans to make a special kitteh for veterans day? Like an Army, Navy, Airforce, Marine, and Coast Guard versions. I know not everyone is from the US but it is just a thought thank you. Phoebs SmileSmile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Aubreygrace Starlight , Maxwell Grantly , Skippy Beresford
09-22-2013, 09:38 PM
RE: Veterans Day
i think it is an awesome idea. as a newly Army girlfriend I would gladly support it.

Big Grin Kitty Cats Are Like Potato Chips, You Can Never Have Just One Big Grin
09-23-2013, 04:46 AM
I support this idea! My brother is an ex marine, went overseas 3 times and lost 15 friends the last time. I would love to be able to show my support in SL with a marine kitty. Very good idea and I hope they take it into consideration!

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: dreampoetz_Resident]
09-23-2013, 07:10 AM
not being an american, when is veterans day?
09-23-2013, 11:17 AM
(09-23-2013 07:10 AM)jc aferdita Wrote:  not being an american, when is veterans day?

November 11.

I'd also like to add it would be nice to have Veteran's Day kitties that represent the medical corps and the military bands, maybe the USO. There's a lot of scope for kitty ideas.
09-23-2013, 04:11 PM
Camouflaged kitty ... with a food bowl shaped like a mess kit Tongue
09-23-2013, 04:56 PM
Whether we are American or not, each of us have armed service personnel that daily place their lives at risk, in service to our counties. A group of uniformed KittyCats would be a delightful addition that would enthral us all.

Magical stories from an independent author
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Skippy Beresford
09-25-2013, 12:40 PM
november 11 is very very close to halloween and all hallow's though, just thinking of all the hard work that goes into making the kittycats as cute as they are, perhaps it isn't all that important for just that day? But can pick another day for it?
09-28-2013, 01:28 AM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2013 01:29 AM by Sanura Snowpaw.)
I love the idea of cats to commemorate those who have served but I think I would prefer something more generic than for a certain branch or country. Like a Camo Kitteh or Sailor Kitteh or Pilot Kitteh ect ect without being tied to an actual branch of service or even country.

Heck they could be Camo CutieS and from the country of KittyCatS.

To me personally I think there would be either WAY to many branches and countries to commemorate to ever get to them all or you may end up missing one and hurting someone. One of the things I adore so much about KittyCatS is that they are all inclusive meaning they are for everyone and anyone. Smile

Edited to add there is also memorial day which is in the spring in the United States. Not sure how close that might be to other releases though.

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: JC Aferdita
09-28-2013, 02:45 AM
As a confirmed anarchist, anything to do with the glorification of war, patriotism, military, police etc leaves me cold (or hot depending on the circumstances ^^)
Of course the rescue teams, those who go in to try clean up and patch up the poor guys is another matter.

I do however believe that the vets, often semiliterate kids who have been cynically manipulated, indoctrinated, sometimes crippled, knowingly contaminated and mentally/psychically incapacitated for what they may have believed to be a righteous cause only to be thrown onto the trash pile, deserve much recognition.

So if in this sense, thumbs up for this one

**I could develop much more (hehe) but it'd be out of place in this forum, but i'd just like to state that i believe the USA is the fall guy, wrongfully pointed out as the leading and foremost war-monger by other countries, these decisions being engineered by a centralized, worldwide organisation.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)