Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

An humble suggestion... personality
09-20-2013, 08:40 AM
An humble suggestion... personality
Hello all,
I've recently discovered KittyCatS! and quickly become rather addict (and maybe a bit infectious also...)
I like those little pets, and in order for them to become even more gorgeous, I would like them to have an additional characteristic: an individual personality/attitude
That would, in my opinion, drastically increase their already high appeal as company pets, without intruding in the breed mechanics.

The non-inheritable personality trait, randomly set at birth, would make cats behave differently each other, even if they have the same or similar physical characteristics, allowing a stronger identification as an "individual" object of affection for their owners

The drawbacks of this approach would be an (hopefully little) increase in scripting, and very likely an increase in permapettings Tongue

The "personality" would be achieved with slightly variations of the actual activity pattern of the cats, and in more detail:

Texts: I've seen there were polls to choose the set of phrases available to cats from a huge list. It would be possible to have a "Standard" reduced set of phrases common to every cat, and additional "packs" of phrases. At birth, the cat would be assigned only one or two of these phrases pools to add to the common one, making some phrases available only to some cats and not to others, differentiating them.

Speed: It would be possible to introduce a "speed modifier" randomly set between 0.8 and 1.2 of the current "default" speed (some tests are needed to choose the actual limits) that makes some cats’ athletes and others couch potatoes

Activity timers: There is already some randomness in how cats split "stay", "walk" and "jump" during their wake, but it could be nice to set for each cat a percentage that influence how often they perform that activities, so some cats will prefer to stay while others will jump around as if the floor were made of lava

Sleep positions: As for the wake activities, some cats would have "preferred" sleep positions they'll do more often than other ones

Sounds: The same considerations apply... noisy cats versus quiet and silent ones... Smile You'll retain of course the ability to shut off totally any of the activities, so if your cat jumps or make noises too often you can still disable it.

All these are "little" details, and there might be others I've not thought about, but when considered all together, they'll create a pretty individual behavioral pattern we could call "personality"

I for sure would welcome such a feature, and I hope this suggestion will be took into consideration in a future upgrade.

Greets to all Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Chalinna Resident , Maxwell Grantly , Piper Rowley , ruby Tierbal , Deer Thistle , Vampiva Belfire
09-20-2013, 12:10 PM
RE: An humble suggestion... personality
how cool would that be Smile good suggestion

.-~·*'˜¨¯`·¸ Rubes ¸·`¯¨˜'*·~-.
.-~·*'˜¨¯`·¸AUCTIONEER AT UKF ¸·`¯¨˜'*·~-.
09-20-2013, 03:00 PM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2013 03:01 PM by Deer Thistle.)
RE: An humble suggestion... personality
All of this sounds amazing and would really differentiate KittyCatS even more so from other breedables, I love each suggestion listed. I also suggest adding a way of randomizing (or breeding out?) particle effects produced by each kitty while we're on the topic of additional traits, I think that too would give them more individual personalities whether they emit butterflies or something more sinister! Tongue

[Image: ohdeersig.gif]
KittyCatS History Thread
 Thanks given by: ruby Tierbal , Vampiva Belfire

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)