Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

All about Confetti kittens: 8 total colors found! update
09-18-2015, 10:21 AM
RE: All about Confetti kittens: 8 total colors found! update
Here's a question for all of you to ponder ..

"Can I breed a Confetti cat with Porcelain shade?"

The answer is, "No, this is not possible."

The reason: Porcelain shade is a retired trait. As such, it cannot appear in starters, therefor NO Confetti cat can carry Porcelain shade.

The only way to get Porcelain shade on a Confetti cat would be to cross-breed with a non-Confetti cat. This guarantees all offspring will be non-Confetti; failure is ensured.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: fabioazevedo Oh , Devilness Chant , Aubreygrace Starlight , Kayleigh McMillan , Eleanor8 Resident , Ivy Norsk
09-18-2015, 01:02 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2015 01:04 PM by Ivy Norsk.)
My own overall take on the Confetti Project: once upon a time when KittyCatS started, all was mayhem and a wild mad cuteness and nobody knew what was going on. It was a heady mix of surprising new traits appearing like birthday presents and high auction prices. (I was not here for the beginning - this is only how I imagine it.)
Gradually the KittyCats system was codified and beat into an understandable order through the patient work and dedication of many orderly breeders. Breeders got really good at finding recessive traits almost Instantly: two weeks for initial kittens and time for breedbacks and voila - all was known.

I think Confettis are not only meant to take more boxes out of the market through Menagerie, but meant to re-instill some of that "New Game" scent back into the air. A new system to figure out. And it's harder. Much harder. Because there are some ways in which breeding has gotten easier. So now the odds of success are much lower, and it's going to take experienced breeders to tease it all out.

Edited to respond to Tad: but Confettis could have their own hidden shades that could pass out into the mainstream via non-confetti breeds.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Sara Franco , Vampiva Belfire , Devilness Chant , Aubreygrace Starlight , Eleanor8 Resident , Kayleigh McMillan
09-18-2015, 02:54 PM
(09-18-2015 01:02 PM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  My own overall take on the Confetti Project: once upon a time when KittyCatS started, all was mayhem and a wild mad cuteness and nobody knew what was going on. It was a heady mix of surprising new traits appearing like birthday presents and high auction prices. (I was not here for the beginning - this is only how I imagine it.)
Gradually the KittyCats system was codified and beat into an understandable order through the patient work and dedication of many orderly breeders. Breeders got really good at finding recessive traits almost Instantly: two weeks for initial kittens and time for breedbacks and voila - all was known.

I think Confettis are not only meant to take more boxes out of the market through Menagerie, but meant to re-instill some of that "New Game" scent back into the air. A new system to figure out. And it's harder. Much harder. Because there are some ways in which breeding has gotten easier. So now the odds of success are much lower, and it's going to take experienced breeders to tease it all out.

Edited to respond to Tad: but Confettis could have their own hidden shades that could pass out into the mainstream via non-confetti breeds.

In the beginning it wasn't total mayhem. But not many knew exactly how to breed.
There were a hand full of ppl that did know how to breed out traits. Then a few taught others and so forth.

New traits were always more rec. than the traits that were already out. Breeding starters took months and involved a lot of back breeding, in breeding, and luck.

The nice thing was, that once you got the trait it stuck. Once you got, say a fur, you kept that fur, so there was no stepping back. Always forward.

With cocos, if they continue to pass gen traits, then it's months of breeding gen traits in the hopes of getting something better. And even if you get the color berries, you can't breed other traits into them unless it's from other cocos. So that's more months of breeding gens in the hopes of getting the traits to pass.

This is nothing like it was in the beginning.

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
 Thanks given by: Aubreygrace Starlight , Vampiva Belfire , Kayleigh McMillan , Eleanor8 Resident , Ivy Norsk , Sara Franco , Oselkhandro Resident , Barry Ballyhoo
09-18-2015, 03:20 PM
?I agree with you Ivy.

?I believe that is awesome this new game and all that can enjoy confetti breeding need full patience.plus, try not give up and value more all new process.

?My re-count
Genesis flame(2), genesis domino(5), genesis cocoberry(2) and Orangeberry(2).

?I have breeding 3 couple now

A. Lava.Orangeberry + Odyssey Konfetti.Dad) breeding bck : genesis domino and Orangeberry with snappy whiskers.

B. Confetti(Lava Mom) + starter confetti: genesis flame, genesis confetti

C. Confetti(swapping) + confetti son(Group B)(7 days)

note: Orangeberry(snappy) follow in box waiting for siblingConfused

?They are new lollipop: I want more Angel lol and learn moreHuh , I am super attention all post referent Confetti . I love it! Heart

[Image: lfZa89Z.png]

[Image: RP2j5FV.gif]?
?my Passion Kitties^V^ project come true?
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Devilness Chant , fabioazevedo Oh , Sara Franco
09-18-2015, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2015 04:07 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
We'll see where this ends.
Perhaps this is the new gems kitty.
They are good for some with money and patience.
Personally I have a lot of patience with KittyCatS but this was also because of how solid their genes worked.
I have had projects from over a year even I bred in all patience, like knitting really, slowly achieve the much wanted combination.
This seems so random that it feels more than ever as a lottery a lottery in which the chances are way higher to not win (Tad's estimation).
I always liked the feeling to have some control of what I was doing combined with luck of course.

I will breed my new Cocoberry starters but having seen two apple berries pooped out a domino certainly turned me off a little.
It may be my last couple of Cocoberries I buy from my K$.
I can live with that the gems kitties were never really my pot of tea and I have to see if the Confetti cats are.
I hope they are but I think they are not for me also because I think a colored fur with say Choocolate whiskers is not so becoming.
They really should have special whisker colors if you ask me.
Also what Tad pointed out basically my most favorite shades are retired or LE's and there is absolutely no way to breed in a Porcelain, a Twinkle or a Flash.
So these Cocoberries will always have the chance to hold 2 shades I really don't like and flair which is acceptable for me.
As I breed for aestethics there are too much things which allows the kitty to turn out not so pretty with not complimenting whiskers or not such favorite shades that it really may not be for me.
I am not really sad about that.
I am happy KC has so much furs and traits to enjoy for every taste.
In that they are the best but perhaps KC has spoiled me a little too with reliable genes.
The times I tried an other breedable it were always their random genes which let me to bail out in a month or two and the KC's felt like heaven compaired.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Thanks given by: Devilness Chant , Ivy Norsk , Aubreygrace Starlight , Sara Franco , Oselkhandro Resident , Eleanor8 Resident , Barry Ballyhoo , Illuminatra Resident
09-18-2015, 03:58 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2015 04:14 PM by Aubreygrace Starlight.)
and now i add my 6th or7th cocoberry to the list of my offsprings. i haven't had a cocoberry born in weeks, its all gen, and i have only gotten 2 blueberries so yea ill prob be trashing these. sighs. i have done the inbreeding and backbreeding and sharing and no luck at all. im lucky to have gotten the blues but an overabundance of the cocoberys is annoying,oh and mostly boys too,
? New Born Kitten

Fur: Confetti - CocoBerry
Eyes: Genesis Sunshine (Shape: Curious | Pupil: Big)
Shade: Natural
Tail: Genesis
Ears: Genesis
Whiskers: Silver (Shape: Stubby)
Size: Normal

and my duaghter and i who do share some pairs just got another all gen kitty. well poo

I decided to edit with some of the offsprings, here's what they have given so far
newest pair
https://gyazo.com/851cee8ef9015996d4ff80ad1b4d00ee

and my older pairs
https://gyazo.com/b690f4188e6aa7203e342b9cd2bc11f4
https://gyazo.com/8dacdbe0f315cb9dea06390b80dbe7b0

one that im mating with my daughters
(he is also the dad of one of my blues, but we switched pairs around so he s now with one of hers and heres the babies)
https://gyazo.com/a83fb45af456d1d12d27d8239ffe4562
and my blueberry has given me this(i sold the 2nd one)
https://gyazo.com/bc1231b2d47d9fcc745c697998ed996b

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: dreampoetz_Resident]
 Thanks given by: Devilness Chant , Ivy Norsk , Oselkhandro Resident , Eleanor8 Resident , Vampiva Belfire
09-18-2015, 06:27 PM
I'm really glad people are sharing about their confetti breeding results. I only have two pair and that was so difficult to choose kittens to menagerie to get these two pairs. So far I have 7 genesis kittens ( 2 dominos, 1 flame, 3 diamonds and 1 coco) and 1 confetti cocoberry.....megapuss ( yay!) made my day Smile When I went into this I hoped for a blue one because that is my favorite color but I see it won't be so easy and perhaps even unlikely. I will continue to read this post to see what develops as breeders that stick with it, find out more about the confetti's. I knew at the beginning that there was just a chance that they would produce a confetti fur which is disappointing in its self, so to get one at all is a win. Good luck everyone Smile
 Thanks given by: Sara Franco , Vampiva Belfire , Devilness Chant , Kayleigh McMillan
09-18-2015, 08:36 PM
(09-18-2015 06:27 PM)Faelyn Indigo Wrote:  1 confetti cocoberry.....megapuss ( yay!) made my day Smile

Congrats for the confetti megapuss! that sounds awesome!

Sylvan Felines Shops:
Main Store
@CatTales
 Thanks given by: Vampiva Belfire , Devilness Chant , Kayleigh McMillan
09-19-2015, 06:39 AM
i have gotten 2 cocoberry in sizes though, teacup and petite, which is fine i kept those LOL i always keep my sizes, but since then i haven't gotten much but maybe they will pop their hidden colorberrys one day, time will tell.

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: dreampoetz_Resident]
 Thanks given by: Sara Franco , Vampiva Belfire , Devilness Chant , Kayleigh McMillan
09-19-2015, 01:32 PM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2015 06:28 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
I am starting to think how much a 9T Confetti will be worth...
I mean I hear people getting very slowly traits maybe even with the luck it is on a Cocoberry or even more luck and it is on a colored fur.
Because we can get our traits only via the Confetti cats I think we need to hoard every Confetti cat, Cocoberry or one with a shown color, which has a trait because we ultimately need 9 if we play for traits that is.
To think we dismiss even a non traited Cocoberry (which may hide traits still) means we have to buy ourselves Cocoberry starters again or büy them on the secondary market to be able to continue to breed the confetti cats even.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Thanks given by: Devilness Chant

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)