Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Limited Purchases for Special Colletion Kitties
03-07-2014, 12:51 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2014 12:52 PM by Quantic Kimono.)
RE: Limited Purchases for Special Colletion Kitties
(03-07-2014 11:52 AM)BestKittenFriend Resident Wrote:  My question to all of you is: If you have invested money in your cats and notice that they can't be sold for "suggested" retail prices. What will you do? Do you tell your self that is just a matter of time? Do you invest more money in food,more cats, shops and rental charges? No!!! No businessman do like that...ever never. So, what do they do? Think, people think....Yes, you are right! They dump the prices! That is what sells! They dump the prices to a relevant level, or lower, and they don't care what the owners of the shops next to them say about it.That is what a free market is all about!
And...a free market is not a free market if oligarchs control it or try to control it! It doesn't work in Sovjet and it doesn't work here!

My answer is: we do it for the love of breeding Kittycats and for making KittyCats the best breedable one can have. In my shops cats stand gaining dust. I refuse to give them away. Well, for Apple eyes, I have a solution: menagerie as soon as it sees the world, but that's another story.
Liriel gives good breeding lessons... just saying.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2014, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2014 01:20 PM by bigbritchz Topaz.)
I believe if you are here just to breed why the big hoopla about sales! you are doing it out of the love of breeding and the competition of having the best cat. right ? what you make extra is what you made extra. most of us have labored long and hard on cats i know. but is it right to charge or take 80-500 dollars U. S. which is a bill lets face it food, cable,phone or rent for something that is not REAL and its done out of the love of competition and the love of the breed? we all know NOBODY has common sense all the time we all do crazy things but to sit back and allowed it. what does that say about our ethics and morality. isnt it bad enough we spend our lil couple dollars on non existant merchandise looks around for people that handles the straight jackets.
!! WE ARE GAMBLERS AND SHOPAHOLICS yes i said it. lol now cant we all just get along!!

stands up hi my name is Samai and i am a cheap Gamblershopahilic ^^ Tongue

Tongue
Big / Sammi
 Thanks given by: Crepe Myrtle , Kayleigh McMillan , anna Acanthus , JC Aferdita , Draco Nacht , Illuminatra Resident
03-07-2014, 01:31 PM

!! WE ARE GAMBLERS AND SHOPAHOLICS yes i said it. lol now cant we all just get along!!

Oooooooooooooooooh Lawl - Sam I need the extra cash to pay for your therapy!!
03-07-2014, 01:35 PM
(03-07-2014 01:31 PM)Dimpz Morane Wrote:  

Oooooooooooooooooh Lawl - Sam I need the extra cash to pay for your therapy!!

well shooot why didnt you tell me !! now going on sale my cats i have posh tail and soft curl ears hiding on a Pandie red 20000K Tongue

Tongue
Big / Sammi
03-07-2014, 04:32 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2014 04:33 PM by Quantic Kimono.)
Lindens are good, that's why I like to see them when I have a cat I can take pride Smile
It's not like : wohhooo new trait, SELL! but if other people work like that let them be, I am giving up on discussions like this anyway... in the end we need to put everything in the scale and see what best suits us.
03-07-2014, 06:17 PM
(03-06-2014 03:35 PM)Kitten Longmeadow Wrote:  Hey guys. I just wanted to chime in real quick with a reminder that while feedback is ok, blacklisting or "calling out" others - even if you are not specifically mentioning names - is not consistent with our forums policy. I appreciate the cooperation. Thanks. Smile

Thank You so much for saying that Kitten!
You are so correct!
03-07-2014, 10:59 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2014 11:17 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
Okay I may be the weirdo but I hate it when I find a new trait especially a recessive one.
So much I have to take in consideration I don't want to upset my fellow breeders but then again they get upset anyway what ever I do it is never good for anyone let alone for myself.
It is really not as fun as it seems.
One day I found as one of the first the Balinese Seal and I felt like I was stung by a bee instead of enjoying the beautiful kitty my starter gave me.
It was and is in my eyes the most beautiful creature ever and back then the most recessive but I just didn't want to deal with the market with my kitty and wanted to just enjoy it.
So I decided to breed and trait it and never brought it for an auction or sold it in other ways.
There is just too much peer pressure to deal with selling a cat from all sorts of view points which gives little room to do it as I want to do it.
It is really stressfull so many people have a variety of opinions of how we should market our kitties and that I think is no fun at all.
Ever since when I find a new trait I don't tell anyone and just enjoy it in silence and plot about a breeding strategy to make an in my eyes beautiful combination within my breeding program.
I breed kitties for fun I don't even sell them to be able to feed them I just do it for a hobby with a hobby budget just as for every hobby I have.
And I'm so happy I created a hobby budget because this is just a ridiculous pandemonium I don't want to be part of.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Thanks given by: anna Acanthus , Ivy Norsk , JC Aferdita
03-08-2014, 12:05 AM
I read through this whole thread and I must say there are so many good points brought into this discussion. Personally I don't think it would be a positive move to limit purchases of collectables or starter cats with new traits. I just don't find it a solution to any of the concerns listed.

I do consider myself very new to the kittycats scene because it is barely going on a year I bought my first kittycat and just recently I started selling them so I will say from the outset I'm still learning as I go. My real life funds are limited so I do have a budget with how much I can actually put into these cute pets. When the new collections come out, I can only usually buy about four so I by no means have a limitless amount of money to put into my hobby here.

This being said I have a very soft spot in my heart for each kittycat that comes through my home. It is hard for me to let them go. I will even purchase older kitties and try to find them homes because they make wonderful pets. Much of the time my home is filled with these older kitties that I do pay to feed until I can find them homes and I love each and every one of them. Sometimes I can afford to perma-pet a few and give them as gifts to friends going through a hard time, etc. Several I've gifted with friends who have lost a cat in real life and let me tell you, it helps them. I'm not in it for big money.

I will admit that I have sold some of my collector kitties for lower prices after they have had their offspring and I have done this for a few reasons. One being I have actually tried to find a home for them first and foremost...yes I give them away before I sell them. If I can't find a home, then I let them go for relatively cheap because I don't have the room for them or the continual never ending supply of food and I would rather see them go to someone who will give them a good home. In the last few weeks I've had to do this quite a bit because I've had to downsize not only my real life household, but my household here. My funds and space are now very limited and it does break my heart, but that is life. This has meant I've had to sell many of my own pets I've had for the year I have been part of kittycats and it has been hard.

My prices fluctuate as well because I'm always wondering what is a fair price for my kitties. I don't want to charge outrageously like some do, but I also don't want to charge so low my cats come off as being worth nothing because that isn't the case at all. I shop around price wise and see what others are charging, but there is always a question there in my mind if I'm over-charging or not charging enough. Overall I just try to be fair in my prices. I'm not out to hurt the market or to get rich. I wouldn't take in all the cats I do if I was in it for the money. I'm here to learn how to best work with the breeds and traits I love so I can create kittens I can be proud of and enjoy.

Being a breeder of these beautiful kitties is a constant learning process where I'm finding something new daily. I know to some it has come easy to understand, but for me I will admit it hasn't. I'm honest, and I try to do the best I can and that is all I can do.

The point is I understand both sides. I don't look at it as a war or anything, but as a learning experience. From what I've read here many new breeders have come into the scene in the past year so some of them could be just like me. Trying to learn as they go and not doing it purposefully.
Some over-price, some don't charge enough so really it is just a constant process of trying to do the best we can.

To put a limit on how many each person can purchase of these collector or starter cats would be detrimental to the money kittycats brings in and I think that would hurt all of us in the long run because without the actual kittycats, we wouldn't have our beautiful pets or small businesses either. Just my thoughts.
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan , anna Acanthus , Crepe Myrtle , Gloria Marchant
03-08-2014, 01:43 AM
Yes you can suggest they may want to raise the price but what they chose to do is ultimately up to them. You don't know their reasons or anything about them.

Especially in an auction as the goal of auctions is for the price to raise higher so people will nearly always start below market price. Look at the Kitty and a Date auction where EVERY panel started at only 500L not a single panel sold for that and many went far beyond that within moments. If the cat is worth it the price will raise PERIOD unless you get this mentality that you "shouldn't encourage this behavior" and don't bid even if you want the cat cause if the cat is good SOMEONE will bid for it and if you all are to busy "blacklisting" the seller guess that buyer who doesn't play your silly games will benefit. Which than people see that and think oh such and such isn't worth much and the price will drop and guess who is at fault? Not the seller they used a time honored technique that has been used to sell things in auctions for YEARS even in RL. Those who are at fault are those "blacklisting" because they are to high and mighty to bid on a cat because they think they are "teaching" the seller.

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Lostime Resident , Aubreygrace Starlight , Crepe Myrtle , JC Aferdita , Petronilla Whitfield
03-08-2014, 04:39 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2014 08:27 AM by Julia Merosi.)
Again....noone is blacklisting anyone here. We are NOT talking about special auctions. We are talking about general pricing a new trait. we are talking about the situations when ppl know most of ppl are broke (either because of releases of KC or end of month). the thinking to start it lower just to sell a cat and have yourself at least a bit money we all can understand but that is giving a pricedown in those traits.

And again we wasn't able to have a good sense full discuss in this forum. I am again sad to see that special ppl (and now i am blacklisting, call it whatever you want) shoot again on single persons just to have an opinion. stay in the dark without an opinion. we ALL have opinions and it is NOT fair to shoot at those who make them public because they want to know how others think and possible find a solution. Well done.

I am going to close that thread tonight since i feel that the sense of this discussion has been trashed already and i don't want to support shooting at anyone. Thought this is a big nice community. but seems not all are.

Thanks to everyone in this thread who had a good discussion xoxo
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 32 Guest(s)