Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Limited Purchases for Special Colletion Kitties
03-07-2014, 12:10 AM
RE: Limited Purchases for Special Colletion Kitties
(03-06-2014 11:59 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  Um .. it may be nobody's right but lemme tell you, for marital harmony, it's best, when your wife tells you to unload some junk cats, not to dump 'em all for 25L$. Been there. Done that. Still shudder at the memory.

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Julia Merosi
03-07-2014, 02:35 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2014 02:36 AM by anna Acanthus.)
(03-06-2014 03:35 PM)Kitten Longmeadow Wrote:  Hey guys. I just wanted to chime in real quick with a reminder that while feedback is ok, blacklisting or "calling out" others - even if you are not specifically mentioning names - is not consistent with our forums policy. I appreciate the cooperation. Thanks. Smile

Hi Kitten Smile

Unless i missed something in this thread, i don't quite understand your post here.

Over the years we've often spoken about certain selling procedures which can have a negative impact on the market and the product as a whole. We don't give names of course but many have known the major offender(s) name(s). Take my thread http://kittycats.biz/forum/showthread.php?tid=2624 for example. Quite a few of us had noticed and discussed this before i decided to create a thread on the subject so without specifying, we knew which breeders i was mainly referring to.

I find that threads like Julia's here and others are beneficial to the community as they can make some people maybe think twice about their marketing policies.

Now if on the forum we can only post whoopee, ain't everything just grand stuff about the secondary market practices (which is inherent in your post) then the forum may become just a product showcase and will have no real use.

* If you could select the post or posts which are not consistent with forum policy then maybe your position would be clearer to me.
 Thanks given by: Julia Merosi , Ivy Norsk , Dimpz Morane , Eurydice Barzane , Zevara Resident
03-07-2014, 04:23 AM
@ sanura: the lack of standards do make many people give up... Be it auctioning, be it breeding. Standards, let's say.... Are a nice thing to have.
 Thanks given by: Julia Merosi , anna Acanthus
03-07-2014, 04:27 AM
If people are giving up Kittycats, then I see it as 'they were only in it for the money, not the pet itself nor the wonderful community we are'. There are plenty of threads in this forum on how to help you budget yourself so you won't go bankrupt if you love the cats and want to keep going. It's all about priorities, do you want to make a buckload of cash or do you want to have the cutest pet that happens to be breedable?
 Thanks given by: Lostime Resident , Aubreygrace Starlight , Kayleigh McMillan
03-07-2014, 06:40 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2014 06:46 AM by Julia Merosi.)
(03-07-2014 04:27 AM)jc aferdita Wrote:  If people are giving up Kittycats, then I see it as 'they were only in it for the money, not the pet itself nor the wonderful community we are'. There are plenty of threads in this forum on how to help you budget yourself so you won't go bankrupt if you love the cats and want to keep going. It's all about priorities, do you want to make a buckload of cash or do you want to have the cutest pet that happens to be breedable?

But if you want to feed you cats and don't want to pay rl money you have to sell a cat to be able to buy kibble (if you want to feed your cats themself)

@ Sanura: i know that we can't force ppl to do anything. Thats not my goal. But at least showing and telling ppl "hey. might you rise your opening bid in benefit of the community" is not forcing, only a suggestion in the BENEFIT OF THE COMMUNITY. if we would all sell our cats for 100 L we could all stop. Because none can tell me that everyone will pay real life Money into sl to feed cats.

Offcourse the cats aren't here for me to bring me the big money. i don't care. i only want them to feed themselves and to figure the rental prices i need to pay for the shops at the great markets out there. Auctions are fun. If i think about mine and if i think that i have belly pain from laughing all the time i love to do auctions. Cats are fun and thats a fact. but if they make you belly pain because you think "iff can i feed you tomorrow" thats going to be less fun. so in the end the money you can make with the cats plays a role. As i say in rl " money doesn't make you happy...but your live much easier" its the same in sl.
To see some ppl just destroying new traits makes a lot of ppl sad (including me).
and yes i know the fact that there are 2 views of that all. but if we would have all the same opinion live would be kinda boring Smile

@Kitten. This is a general discuss about selling new traits cheap. we are not blacklisting anyone here. Smile

(03-06-2014 11:59 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  Um .. it may be nobody's right but lemme tell you, for marital harmony, it's best, when your wife tells you to unload some junk cats, not to dump 'em all for 25L$. Been there. Done that. Still shudder at the memory.

lol

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: anna Acanthus
03-07-2014, 07:42 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2014 07:44 AM by Quantic Kimono.)
Julia, it is easier for anyone to have success by lowering expectations and prices. I know that if everyone puts their kitties for 50L in an auction the auctioneer will be the best as there will not be future sales. In many of my auctions I have asked people to raise prices with the argument that if the cat will not sell I will buy it myself because the cat was totally worth it.

We have seen once a new trait on a big board for 50L. 100% success guaranteed. Those who make it for the love prefer not to sell than to trash lots os work in the background.

I like to breed pure and had people calling me dumb indirectly... I do charge more for a pure cat that I projected from the beginning. Do you think that taking it home makes me linden sad? So, is it for the money I breed? Or for honouring my work and appreciating good breeders who know how to breed and produce exactly what they want?

Is this a game for learning rules and play with them or just throw the dice randomly and getting lucky sometimes trashing it at the 1st opportunity?

My position in the game is very clear and I don't like people who relly on randomness and then trash their luck at the 1st opportunity. But that's only my opinion and it is worth what you deem it to be worth.
 Thanks given by: Julia Merosi , anna Acanthus
03-07-2014, 07:43 AM
(03-07-2014 06:40 AM)Julia Merosi Wrote:  [quote='jc aferdita' pid='45009' dateline='1394188072']
If people are giving up Kittycats, then I see it as 'they were only in it for the money, not the pet itself nor the wonderful community we are'. There are plenty of threads in this forum on how to help you budget yourself so you won't go bankrupt if you love the cats and want to keep going. It's all about priorities, do you want to make a buckload of cash or do you want to have the cutest pet that happens to be breedable?

But if you want to feed you cats and don't want to pay rl money you have to sell a cat to be able to buy kibble (if you want to feed your cats themself)

i know that we can't force ppl to do anything. Thats not my goal. But at least showing and telling ppl "hey. might you rise your opening bid in benefit of the community" is not forcing, only a suggestion in the BENEFIT OF THE COMMUNITY. if we would all sell our cats for 100 L we could all stop. Because none can tell me that everyone will pay real life Money into sl to feed cats.

Offcourse the cats aren't here for me to bring me the big money. i don't care. i only want them to feed themselves and to figure the rental prices i need to pay for the shops at the great markets out there. Auctions are fun. If i think about mine and if i think that i have belly pain from laughing all the time i love to do auctions. Cats are fun and thats a fact. but if they make you belly pain because you think "iff can i feed you tomorrow" thats going to be less fun. so in the end the money you can make with the cats plays a role. As i say in rl " money doesn't make you happy...but your live much easier" its the same in sl.
To see some ppl just destroying new traits makes a lot of ppl sad (including me).
and yes i know the fact that there are 2 views of that all. but if we would have all the same opinion live would be kinda boring Smile

@Kitten. This is a general discuss about selling new traits cheap. we are not blacklisting anyone here. Smile

a huge AMEN!

I am not here to make profit from Kittycats - all my monies goes back into food, tiers and buying new kittycats - ideally (hopefully) kitties should be able to substain themselves. However its really dishearting to see new traits/furs becoming devalued in a matter of weeks - and we all know this is happening and no point pretending its not.
 Thanks given by: Julia Merosi , anna Acanthus , Katrin Bracken
03-07-2014, 08:13 AM
And opinions are important... big companies do run surveys to know our opinion and pay for it.
These are totally free of charge Smile
 Thanks given by: Julia Merosi , anna Acanthus , VeetMesser Resident , Priestess Firanelli
03-07-2014, 08:15 AM
(03-07-2014 08:13 AM)Quantic Kimono Wrote:  And opinions are important... big companies do run surveys to know our opinion and pay for it.
These are totally free of charge Smile

Big Grin

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-07-2014, 08:36 AM
Hahaha...one of the dumbest discussion I ever heard! Isn't this a free marketplace? Or is it a Communist state? So you want to limit the owners of this "game" to reduce their incomes? Congrats to them who have the opportunity to buy 100 starters, or more! And thanks to them who make it possible to let even not so rich breeders to get over these new traits, by dropping prices. It is not vouchsafed a few to keep on these traits in order to make profit from them. Bann them who dropping prices??? In RL it is a crime to try to control the market and forming cartels in order to control the market! The only thing you can do is not selling to pricedroppers. But...in this case you are not the owner of the cats. The one who is dropping prices, sells! That is a rule of the free market! Congrats and thanks to that person!!!
 Thanks given by: Sanura Snowpaw , Lostime Resident , JC Aferdita

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)