Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Limited Purchases for Special Colletion Kitties
03-06-2014, 06:46 AM
RE: Limited Purchases for Special Colletion Kitties
I'm affraid this is how things roll and we can't do much about it.
I can't wrap my mind around it though because as Catelesky said I can't understand one who takes such gamble doesn't want to earn the investment back.
I think I keep it to my retro kitties because the new traits war as I have come to see it is by far no hobby for me.
And limit the amount of starters one may purchase would harm the collectors world maybe ...

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Julia Merosi , Kendrah Vantelli
03-06-2014, 06:51 AM
(03-06-2014 06:46 AM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  And limit the amount of starters one may purchase would harm the collectors world maybe ...

not sure about that since 2 years ago if you wanted to get an older collector you needed to pay a bunch of money. now you can find the younger collectors for bargains around the grid. a possible limitation of them would possible raise the market on them again. but as the others already said. thats where kitty cats makes their profit and they wont limit it for sure.

its just sad to see.

and just saying: i like your retro cats ^^!

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-06-2014, 07:00 AM
I agree with Quantic and Catelesky by lowering the prices of the new kittens it kills the business.... Soon our kittens won't be even worth buying for if their prices keep going down. We need to be able to make enough lindens in order to feed those wonderful kittens. With less breeders comes less choice for buyers. I would have liked to see the new traits or new collections to come out a bit slower, part of the reason I'm saying this , it's because I had a full line of kittens and as soon as the new traits came out no one wanted to buy the other older kittens and business went down forcing me to spend more lindens to buy the new traits ... it was as if I was starting over again. It's very costly . Also to lower the prices of the new kittens so quickly its good for the ones who are starting , its just doesn't give enough time for the second buyers to make enough profit to be able to cover the original cost of the kitten... In other words its only the very first breeders that make a good profit on the kittens and the others get to pick up the crumbs.... Therefore I believe to keep the price in fluctuation? in order to keep the market good.
 Thanks given by: Julia Merosi
03-06-2014, 09:32 AM
There seem to be two markets for collectibles.

Older collectibles, like those from 2011 and 2012, are selling at decent prices (finally, yea). I attribute this largely to the sudden influx of new players. These collectibles are "rare" .. mainly because there were a lot fewer players in 2011, partly because some have been lost or sent to the Menagerie over the years, and partly because many of those which still exist has already found their ways into the hands of collectors and are no longer available.

Newer collectibles, like those from last month, are selling briskly, but at horribly low prices (often less than the original purchase price). This is largely due to herd mentality and unreal get-rich-quick expectations.

Asking the company to limit them just won't work.

* Shortening the length of time they're for sale does NOT limit the supply. Instead, it gives the advantage to two classes of players: those who are on every day, and those who have more real-world cash available for impulse purchases.

* Limiting the number one may purchase does NOT limit the supply. Instead, it gives the advantage to those who have more ALTs.

Let's face it, it is NOT the company's responsibility! They never said you'd get rich, or even make a profit, on KittyCatS!

But the solution to the complaints so obvious it's ridiculous! PLAYERS: DON'T SELL 'EM!!! If you really want to make a profit on those recently-released collectibles, give up on your false hopes and put your collectibles away for a few years.
 Thanks given by: Deer Thistle , Kayleigh McMillan , Aubreygrace Starlight , Elif Kling
03-06-2014, 03:35 PM
Hey guys. I just wanted to chime in real quick with a reminder that while feedback is ok, blacklisting or "calling out" others - even if you are not specifically mentioning names - is not consistent with our forums policy. I appreciate the cooperation. Thanks. Smile

There's a sucker born every minute, and the stray cats know where we all live!
 Thanks given by: Lostime Resident , Sanura Snowpaw , Aubreygrace Starlight , audrey62 Resident
03-06-2014, 04:01 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2014 04:05 PM by Lostime Resident.)
(03-06-2014 07:00 AM)KrystalLore Resident Wrote:  I would have liked to see the new traits or new collections to come out a bit slower, part of the reason I'm saying this , it's because I had a full line of kittens and as soon as the new traits came out no one wanted to buy the other older kittens and business went down forcing me to spend more lindens to buy the new traits ... it was as if I was starting over again. It's very costly .

This is the only thing I can see that may help, nothing els!
03-06-2014, 04:37 PM
When I see kittycats priced really low I always think 'aww they want to give the poor breeders/petowners a chance of getting the newer traits into their lines/a gorgeous pet, that is so nice of them!'... Am I the only one? I mean, isn't that sort of what Kittycats is all about? Being there for each other? Having fun? Helping one another out?
 Thanks given by: Aubreygrace Starlight , Keltora Edenbaum , Kayleigh McMillan
03-06-2014, 06:56 PM
Mmmmm!Undecided

Where to start!

There is no easy answer!

I think we are all partly to blame for this!

What makes a good cat, there will be many different answer to this.......!

Lets start! Cats do not only have a fur! So many of us get caught up in the fur hip that we forget it is only one of the traits!
Cats have 9 traits, two don't count for me "shape and size" of eye. So it leaves us with five more! Mmmm... "Color of eyes" is a
tricky one, not all colors go well on all furs, but we need to throw that out of the window for where I want to go!

Recessiveness of a cat!
The more recessive traits a cat have the more work was put into that cat?
Be it someone got it from a starter just now, or a cat that have a very long blood line.
Most of the time starters don't have too many recessive traits and they need too be breed.
Getting to a basic 9t cat don't take that long with a new fur!

Do 9T make it a good cat?
No!
To me it is the start to make a even better cat!
One with stuff that one don't see too often, one more "Recessive" to be correct!
Or one with traits one can't be find in normal starters.
Those are the cats I want see go for big money!

(The ones that was not made by the spin of a dice on starters)

"Remember if you ask 50K for a basic 9t cat it is very possible for me to make that same cat for only 30K with starter cats myself"

My point is a fur don't make a cat, it is only one trait and I for one won't ask a million k$ for it and I'm not willing
to pay it as well, a cat needs too be a full house not just a fur, or a one trait too cost 50 -100K !

I pay for the work that go into a cat! "Not the spin of a dice on starters"

What do you pay for? Undecided
03-06-2014, 11:16 PM
First of all limiting the amount someone could purchase is really not a feasible idea between alts, friends and such how could you realistically limit anyone.

Secondly that would limit people from obtaining the rares or sizes ect.

Thirdly every time a new collection is released the traits are also updated in the plain ole normal starters so people could purchase 100 starters and find things.

Fourth it is NO ONES right to tell someone else what they should be selling their cats at if they want to sell them low they are well within their right to do so. You can nicely try to let them know that they could make more but trying to limit everyone or tell someone what they should do is just rude.

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
 Thanks given by: JC Aferdita , Aubreygrace Starlight
03-06-2014, 11:59 PM
Um .. it may be nobody's right but lemme tell you, for marital harmony, it's best, when your wife tells you to unload some junk cats, not to dump 'em all for 25L$. Been there. Done that. Still shudder at the memory.
 Thanks given by: Lostime Resident , Julia Merosi , VeetMesser Resident

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)