Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Closed 
KittyCatS History: Who discovered what & when?
10-24-2012, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2012 12:49 PM by Bea Shamrock.)
RE: KittyCatS History: Who discovered what?
For those who haven't posted an (approximate) date, I'd really appreciate it if you could do so please....I'm more interested in when something was discovered than by whom, except maybe in the case of the new traits from Halloween 2012 kitties. Thank you

Bea Shamrock, Kitty carer and breeder

"There are no
ordinary cats"
(Colette)
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Devilness Chant
10-24-2012, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2012 02:28 PM by Deer Thistle.)
RE: KittyCatS History: Who discovered what?
(10-24-2012 12:49 PM)Bea Shamrock Wrote:  For those who haven't posted an (approximate) date, I'd really appreciate it if you could do so please....I'm more interested in when something was discovered than by whom, except maybe in the case of the new traits from Halloween 2012 kitties. Thank you

Agreed, any and all data is appreciated! Any bit of information possible is so helpful, from who discovered it to when, even if it's an approximate date, so I hope we can get those dates too so we can figure out which collection the initial starter was from. Smile

I will be adding a list to the first post of this topic with all of the information compiled thus far from this thread so everyone's posts are appreciated, I know for myself I've learned so many new things already. Smile Yay!

[Image: ohdeersig.gif]
KittyCatS History Thread
 Thanks given by: Devilness Chant , Bea Shamrock
10-24-2012, 05:52 PM
RE: KittyCatS History: Who discovered what & when?
I was the one who discovered the Curious Whiskers - but I must admit I don't remember when or from which collection Confused -I was terribly terribly happy that day though! The funniest whiskers ever, lol. They came from the same collection as the Plush whiskers - that I know at least, as my Curious discovery came from 2 Plush-whiskered kittens.
-Coming to think of it, I actually think it was when new starters were introduced - not the new-new ones with the Genesis II furs, but those where the RFL 2011-eyes were introduced in starters, and the first Ocicat-furs as well. I THINK it must have been late summer 2011? Try look at the news from the time.

I THINK Kendrah was the one to discover the Odyssey No. 2 ears - if you don't count the "teaser" that Equinox displayed on a fair a while before. I bought that cat, and bred out Odyssey 1 ears - but I think someone else had discovered them first.
I also think Kendrah discovered the Beach Blue eyes - but again, I am not sure. Try ask her? Smile I just know that the day they were discovered, Kendrah put the kitten up at my auction. I know those eyes were from the RFL 2011-cats.

If you're writing KittyCats history, it may also be worth mentioning that Thunder Rae was the first person to breed out a fully traited cat. -At the time, that was 7 traits, as the whisker-traits weren't introduced yet back then. 4-5 days later, I bred out the first 7-traited GIRL kitty, lol... I was also quite proud of that, since I hadn't even bred KittyCats from the start. -I very much regret I don't have that cat anymore - I later sold her.

Oh, and I haven't read all posts closely, but someone mentioned Glitter shade - and that was there from the start, it was not from any special collection. -As for who discovered it, I have no clue. But they were still selling for insane amounts when I started breeding - and no one had a clue why those damn glitter-cats NEVER passed their shade! LOL.... Seriously, we didn't know a thing about KittyCatS-"genes" at the time ;-)

-Oh, and GREAT initiative, btw! I will love to see how many historical KittyCats-facts you collect. -I can heartily recommend Google Docs for easy sharing and updating ;-)

Saga's Google Docs - Click here
 Thanks given by: Sara Franco , Bea Shamrock , AmoreJade Cyberstar
10-24-2012, 06:03 PM
(10-24-2012 05:52 PM)Saga Felix Wrote:  -Oh, and GREAT initiative, btw! I will love to see how many historical KittyCats-facts you collect. -I can heartily recommend Google Docs for easy sharing and updating ;-)

I agree it is a super idea and thank you for clarifying the Glitter shade Smile
It would be cool to have this history in Google Docs indeed!

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

10-24-2012, 06:22 PM
Anyone make a simple chart of these so far? I'd love to add in any imput I could but I am having a bit of trouble following the thread.

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-24-2012, 06:30 PM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2012 06:32 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
(10-24-2012 06:22 PM)Sanura Snowpaw Wrote:  Anyone make a simple chart of these so far? I'd love to add in any imput I could but I am having a bit of trouble following the thread.

LOL! I love this in a way we are like a very exciting school class but I see what you mean Smile
Throws a colorful eraser through the class.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

10-24-2012, 07:05 PM
(10-24-2012 06:30 PM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  
(10-24-2012 06:22 PM)Sanura Snowpaw Wrote:  Anyone make a simple chart of these so far? I'd love to add in any imput I could but I am having a bit of trouble following the thread.

LOL! I love this in a way we are like a very exciting school class but I see what you mean Smile
Throws a colorful eraser through the class.

Trust you to cause chaos! Tongue Heart

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-24-2012, 07:35 PM

I added a chart to the first post of this topic that includes what everyone has contributed plus my own (very limited) knowledge. I'm not very familiar with setting up Google Docs so if anyone wants to get one started, for sure add it. Smile I will try to tinker around with it later as well!

KittyCatS History Thread
 Thanks given by: Bea Shamrock
10-24-2012, 07:41 PM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2012 08:10 PM by Sara Franco.)
(10-24-2012 07:35 PM)deerylou Resident Wrote:  

I added a chart to the first post of this topic that includes what everyone has contributed plus my own (very limited) knowledge. I'm not very familiar with setting up Google Docs so if anyone wants to get one started, for sure add it. Smile I will try to tinker around with it later as well!

I can help if you'd like Smile, I live in Google Docs Big GrinBig Grin.
I can start a document and move the info you posted there and give you access to it if you send me your gmail.
Ok I got so excited and started the document Big Grin, working on copying the info there now.

Sylvan Felines Shops:
Main Store
@CatTales
10-24-2012, 08:24 PM
(10-24-2012 07:41 PM)Sara Franco Wrote:  
(10-24-2012 07:35 PM)deerylou Resident Wrote:  

I can help if you'd like Smile, I live in Google Docs Big GrinBig Grin.
I can start a document and move the info you posted there and give you access to it if you send me your gmail.
Ok I got so excited and started the document Big Grin, working on copying the info there now.

Really?! That'd be so awesome, Sara! I will PM you my gmail! Smile

KittyCatS History Thread
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)