Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Question: Should old Genesis Traits be counted?
03-01-2016, 05:47 AM
RE: Question: Should old Genesis Traits be counted?
(03-01-2016 12:47 AM)JuniperJazz Resident Wrote:  Add me to the "Aye" list. I love the Genesis I & II series furs, especially the first Flame fur.

Oh, yes! I love the first Flame fur, too! (It reminds me of a beloved RL cat I had named Matisse...)

CAT'S CATS
"The smallest feline is a masterpiece." (Leonardo da Vinci)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Minx Diabolito , Junie Nova
03-02-2016, 04:07 AM
Yes I agree it should be counted. Also maybe the original genesis furs I type are more rare than many retired 'trait' furs by now because so many have been menageried over the years due to them not being a trait for the fur and deemed 'worthless' in the past even tho they are darned cute and have lots of worth there =)
03-02-2016, 06:57 AM
I vote yes. Domino IV is one of my favorite furs, and I really wish it counted as a trait! I have also collected a few of the first, second and third generation gen furs. I would wait another year or so to include the V series.

Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident
03-02-2016, 06:58 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2016 07:01 AM by Nenya Eun.)
(02-29-2016 09:33 PM)Winter Phoenix Wrote:  
Make old gennies count as 'countable' traits?

Though there are some really great genesis traits out there
that don't get counted in the 'trait' scene,
I think it would add more confusion to the whole thing.

End up with everybody walking around with charts, graphs, and timelines.

Oh wait, they have to do that already!

Walking through the cat malls I find that I don't even look at the
traits anymore. If I see something sexeh, I buy it.

I do agree, that would only add more confusion.

Genesis traits *are* traits, but I don't think they should be counted as non genesis traits,
which doesn't remove any of their value to people who like them.

Co-owner of TraitS R uS
[Image: bannieretrupetite.png]
Friendly KittyCatS market & auction site. French, English, Spanish, Dutch, German spoken
 Thanks given by: Dimpz Morane , JC Aferdita , Devilness Chant , Aisling MacMoragh
03-02-2016, 09:01 AM
I guess that's what I don't get: a 5-year old, retired Genesis Flame is an 8T but a 5-year old Red Tabby is a 9T. And, simply because it's "only" 8 traits, that Genesis Flame not only has less value but is so much less valued that it is nearly 'avoid at all costs', and 'immediately menagerie this'.

Granted, it's easier to day 'Don't count Genesis furs' than it is to switch from, a couple of months ago, 'Don't count Genesis III or IV furs' to, today, 'Don't count Genesis IV or V furs.' I hadn't thought about that.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident
03-02-2016, 10:41 AM
I think it will be confusing to change the way that traits are counted. That being said, I also love and breed the Domino IV & Coco IV furs. We need to get past the arrogance of thinking that only 9Ts are valuable and understand that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

The Magick Cattery

In World Kitties For Sale: http://torgon.info/manage/index.html#!/k...20Resident
MarketPlace: http://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/167189
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: JC Aferdita , Dimpz Morane , Devilness Chant , Aisling MacMoragh , Nenya Eun
03-03-2016, 06:05 PM
Introducing a pair of Genesis Flames as lovingly bred as any of the newest furs:

[Image: 8046fe7b6c0176113e250b84939413d9.png]

I love many of the gen furs, and don't like the idea of letting ANY traits slip away into oblivion!
 Thanks given by: CatSoleil Bellecoeur , Ivy Norsk , Devilness Chant , Malayaa Resident , Ryanna Enfield , Junie Nova , Eleanor8 Resident , Kayleigh McMillan , Eurydice Barzane
03-03-2016, 06:31 PM
(03-03-2016 06:05 PM)Songdog Woolley Wrote:  Introducing a pair of Genesis Flames as lovingly bred as any of the newest furs:

[Image: 8046fe7b6c0176113e250b84939413d9.png]

I love many of the gen furs, and don't like the idea of letting ANY traits slip away into oblivion!

Nice job Smile
 Thanks given by: Songdog Woolley , Ivy Norsk
03-03-2016, 09:16 PM
I like the idea Smile
I am a domino lover much!
It may be a litltle confussing to call it a trait.
I know I have these 1 to 5 Genesis in my cattery though.
If I saw a cute traited domino for sale I'd def buy it.
The fur doesn't have to be a trait for that.
I have a flirt with cats which have a mysterious eyeshape and a big pupil and that is how I prefer my cats and often without shade too.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

03-04-2016, 07:53 PM
Calling it a trait won't change the sad mindset of the community that recessiveness equals desirable.

Most people don't value Red Tabbies and they are essentially the same as gen furs since they are retired and the most dominant in the current offering of furs and the fur is retired, so it can't hide in starters.

The fact that we are having a discussion about making gen furs traits speaks to the heart of the matter. It is trying to game the system to make people value something for the wrong reasons. As a community, we need to start celebrating the beauty of the combined traits that a breeder puts together, not the trait count. We do this to ourselves.

Personally, I love pretty much every one of the most recent Gen Release of Eyes and Furs, to the point of preferring them over several of the most recessive furs and eyes that sell for tons more.

And as for these dying out... that won't happen as long as I have something to do with it or as long as no one breaks me of my hording habit.... I have a few of every Gen Fur and Gen eye released so far Big Grin In most cases I have tons.

Aisling MacMoragh

Please feel free to contact me with questions.

[Image: 7818447284_3feaa5cda4_n.jpg]
 Thanks given by: Songdog Woolley , Minx Diabolito , JC Aferdita , Nenya Eun , Kayleigh McMillan , Sanura Snowpaw , CatSoleil Bellecoeur

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)