Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

I'm new to this please help?
02-26-2016, 06:33 PM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2016 07:02 PM by Tad Carlucci.)
RE: I'm new to this please help?
If you intend to leave them out full-time, and expect them to be out for continuously for a year or two, it's cheapest to purchase a Perma-Pet kit.

One bowl will feed at Pet-Food level for 56 days, so you'll need a bit more than two bowls (2 bowls = 112 days, plus 16% of a third bowl to get to 121 days). A single bowl costs L$175, for a cost of L$379. A 20-pack costs L$2980, for a cost of L$322. At breeding level, the costs for food are doubled. So, if you're going to Perma-Pet a box (0-days old), it's cheapest to purchase the Perma-Pet Kit immediately and avoid all food costs.

The question is: 'Is it worth even purchasing a Perma-Pet kit?"

Our specific plans effect the answer. Here are four options:

If we have a box, and never want to breed it, the cheapest option is to purchase a kit for L$1800 immediately never having fed the cat.

If we want to breed for the full 121 days, however, and we purchase only 20-packs to minimize food costs, we'll spend a pro-rated L$644 (about 5 of the 20 bowls). After that, the cost of a kit equals about 562 days of Pet-level food; for a total age of 683 days. So, if we want to leave the cat out, in-world, full-time, for a MINIMUM of 683 days (that's about 22 months), the cheapest option is to purchase a kit for L$1500 immediately upon the cat's attaining 121 days of age.

If, however, we want to breed the cat to 121 days, then only leave it out, in-world, for 5 weeks a year (that's 1 week to get healthy and 4 weeks on display), letting it starve the remainder of the time, the cost of a kit equals 9024 days, for a total age of 9145. So, if we intend to have the cat out for 121 days, then only 35 days, per year, until a MINIMUM of 9145 days of age (that's a bit over 25 years), then it is cheaper to apply a Perma-Pet kit when the cat reaches 121 days of age.

BUT

If we are only setting the cat out for 5 weeks a year, and do not expect to have been on Second Life continuously (or, at least for that annual event) until 2041 then it's cheaper to starve the cat when we don't need it in-world and never purchase a Perma-Pet kit.

Hmm. I can see I'll have to be sure Charm and I modify our wills to set up trust fund which requires our kids to log into Second Life as Charm EVERY YEAR and enter the Christmas decorating contest, using her Christmas Collectibles which she's made Perma-Pet, until they, too, reach retirement age. The kids, not the cats! ;-O
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Ryanna Enfield , debraworks2 Resident

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm new to this please help? - Tad Carlucci - 02-26-2016 06:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)