Poll: New subtle shade
luvvit
dunno
hate it
[Show Results]

New Subtle Shade
04-18-2012, 02:26 PM
RE: New Subtle Shade
Lately, I have grown sort of tired of shades...

When I first bred KittyCatS, it was all about the NUMBER of traits, and it was to me too - and indeed I managed to be the 2nd person to breed a fully traited cat (which was 7, at the time - before whiskers).

Later, it became more about how recessive the traits were... More recessive = better. -And I had this dream to combine the most recessive eyes, fur and traits into one kitty. -But upon seeing new and more recessive traits pop out so often, I gave up on that too. It is simply not possible to breed all the recessive stuff together before something more recessive is added.

-Now, I actually breed for what I think is cutest. Yeah, took quite a while to get to what should maybe have been 1st priority from the beginning, but hey... live and learn, eh? Wink
-And this is where the problem of shades come in... because honestly, they're not cute at all. It makes a cat look less like a cat and more like figures of various sorts. -But since I also still breed a lot of 9-traiters, breeding the shade OUT is actually a problem! LOL... I tried, believe me Wink

Now, if a shade was added that IS a "traited" shade and acts like one (dominance-wise), and yet looks much more natural than the current ones, that would certainly be my new favourite! I don't even care if it would be dominant to flair or recessive to twinkle - as long as it is recessive to "natural", and hence could be used against a starter to indicate whether or not that starter threw it's hidden shade.

So, in short: Yeps, great suggestion, Anna!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: anna Acanthus

Messages In This Thread
New Subtle Shade - anna acanthus - 04-18-2012, 02:20 AM
RE: New Subtle Shade - Tad Carlucci - 04-18-2012, 08:26 AM
RE: New Subtle Shade - Saga Felix - 04-18-2012 02:26 PM
RE: New Subtle Shade - Sanura Snowpaw - 04-18-2012, 03:50 PM
RE: New Subtle Shade - Kayleigh McMillan - 04-18-2012, 06:28 PM
RE: New Subtle Shade - Sara Franco - 04-19-2012, 07:25 AM
RE: New Subtle Shade - Khea Karas - 04-19-2012, 01:34 PM
RE: New Subtle Shade - Saga Felix - 04-19-2012, 04:10 PM
RE: New Subtle Shade - anna acanthus - 04-21-2012, 10:31 AM
RE: New Subtle Shade - Kayleigh McMillan - 04-21-2012, 09:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)