Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Too Confused! About the Special Kitties breeding rules
03-29-2012, 07:44 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2012 08:22 PM by Tad Carlucci.)
RE: Too Confused! About the Special Kitties breeding rules
Whoa! On first reading, what KR said seemed to agree with my idea.

BUT

"skipped if you would get a more recessive result with the actual cat genes"

As I read what KR said, again, it looks like the lottery was biased against those breeding more recessive eyes.

Implication 1: there are more recessive eyes than Clover. Clover is not a True Recessive.

Implication 2: if one was breeding eyes more recessive than Clover and would have gotten Clover but for the recessiveness of the offspring they did not receive Clover. This means it was a "rigged lottery" .. not all players had equal chances dependent solely upon the number of boxes produced during the lottery.

I am hoping KR meant only skipping storing the recessive half of the offspring's eye, not considering the dominant half at all, and always replacing it with Clover if the box was found to be lucky.

I am also hoping KR will come back and post a clear statement of the process. (Pseudo code would be good.) Because, as I read the post above, because someone was breeding a deeply recessive to another deeply recessive, they forfeited their chance at a Clover with that box.

I know it seems like picking nits but if the lottery was rigged against some players because of what they were choosing to breed at the time they should have made it clear before we spend so much time and effort (and a few L$) aligning our breeding cycles to maximize box production during the lottery. Had we (and I'm assuming more breeders than Charm and I fall into this category) known that the lottery was biased toward those breeding the more dominant eyes, we might have not bothered and certainly would not have worked so hard at it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Too Confused! About the Special Kitties breeding rules - Tad Carlucci - 03-29-2012 07:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)