Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Too Confused! About the Special Kitties breeding rules
03-28-2012, 06:52 AM
RE: Too Confused! About the Special Kitties breeding rules
(03-28-2012 06:03 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  I would hope that the eyes follow the breeding rules, but I'll wait to see it proven that the Clovers were not randomly assigned, as claimed. Until then, I think it wise to NOT infer any ideas about what Clover is, or is not, recessive or dominant over based upon the gene we see "hiding" it when we look at the Pedigree page for the Clover. But you are correct, if they were fully random instead of selectively random (therefore biased against the leading breeders), and the Pedigree page accurately reflects their dominance (which is where we differ in opinion), the only possible location is that they are the new True Recessive in KittyCatS genetics. Thanks for pointing this out: Charm was about to put her spare up for auction but, if you are correct, that would be an exceedingly bad move, so she pulled it back.

Well I still think it was random, because I think the Dad had Beach Blue/Blue Ice and the Mom for sure had Ody Dream and I got Ody Dream with The Lucky Clover,so I believe both parents passed a trait as usual and one was replaced randomly, can't be sure though.

Anyway I'm breeding my Lucky Clover one with a kitty with a visible Ody Rainbow in few days, so I either get the Ody, Dream visible and then I need to try again or get the Lucky Clover which proves it is more dominant than the Ody Rainbow, or I get the Ody Rainbow and this proves that the Lucky Clover eyes are more recessive.

I will update you when I get the kitten Wink

Sylvan Felines Shops:
Main Store
@CatTales
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Too Confused! About the Special Kitties breeding rules - Sara Franco - 03-28-2012 06:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)