Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Anyone else confused about Abyss Creme (dom/rec)?
04-09-2015, 05:37 PM
RE: Anyone else confused about Abyss Creme (dom/rec)?
Hai Marissa! I can't recall when we last changed the Aby Cream in the charts, I think it's been 2 or 3 months since we stopped getting proofs for it (if we did get any, they didn't really tell us anything new).

When looking at the position of a trait on the chart, it's best to see where it is in relation to the rest of the traits around it - not the actual row #'s on the spreadsheet. This is because over the last month we've been making some appearance changes to the charts which results in the row numbers being shifted here and there. Smile (and there will be more; I'm still not happy with how those Gen furs are being displayed!)

I do notice you have some pretty Sunset eyes there in that pedi - If you happen to find out anything about them, we would really appreciate knowing about it Smile We can't tell much from your pedigree there (unless you happen to have any proof that shows what Blar and Amarissa are hiding!) All we know right now is that it's dominant to Light Wash.

Heart Kayla, thanks for your info on the ET/DDF, we actually did get that info from you about 8 weeks ago and had outlined the cells in red (I guess it wasn't that visible to everyone, oops!) -- your proof was the most solid we could get! But we were worried about why the chart was wrong and how it got that way - I had to chase some old notecards/textures/emails/files down to find out how those 2 eyes got in that order and why.. Were they just switched accidentally or was it because one of them was in a wrong spot and far away from the right one? We were unable to find any conclusive information so a couple of nights ago we just decided to swap them for now and you'll see that we put little red asterisks beside them (so we can remember there might be an issue there if we see anything else odd in the future). Thanks so much for sending us your info, we really appreciate it, and sorry that it wasn't so clear on the charts. I'll make sure in future that we make those kinds of things a bit clearer!

Yush, sometimes it takes a while to get new stuffs up there for sure... sometimes we get something good but there's info missing (like maybe someone assumed a cat was hiding something that it might not be, or they assumed a cat was pure because it looked like it but there was no proof of that, or they assumed a cat was too old to hide some new trait) so we have to go back and forth in email/IM over a period of time... I've seen some other proofs in the past on the internet that use that kind of inconclusive information and it's quite frustrating. We are definitely a bit more meticulous, even thought it means things take a bit longer.... I just finished one little change with Foxie Argyle that was a conversation over 6 weeks I think! eek!

And don't worry about asking for or suggesting better ways to do things, that's how the charts get better! In fact, you must be psychic because for the last week I've been working on a new in-world board that does almost exactly what you suggested (it shows the details of the last week's changes). It should be out in a few days so I'll make sure I pass you one.

We're going to try some other new things to see if the whole process can be more efficient: we're going to start a monthly series with proof examples and discuss why they're "solid" or why they might be inconclusive, and hopefully that way we can get all the stuff we need on the first try! Smile You might also have noticed that we've been reorganizing the information in the charts (that box on the top-left was one thing we tried and we're going to be improving more on that, too), and we've better integrated the information about retired/limited edition traits, too Smile Those were all based on suggestions and comments from community members, so do keep those coming. (and for those reading this that are wondering why their feedback hasn't been implemented, yet - it will be very soon, I promise!! I had to prioritize LOL)

Thanks again for being diligent community members and checking out your pedigree information - it really does help everyone when you're able to provide such good information and we appreciate it when you take the time to take screen shots and send them to us and then go back and dig out the proof that kitty's great great grandmother's second cousin's litter box cleaner was hiding Dreamy Tail Smile

Check out the new SagaKitty blog! All the new stuff we've been doing late is there, plus a couple of cool new exciting things to come!
http://sagakitty.blogspot.ca Heart

SagaKitty News and Updates Blog:
http://sagakitty.blogspot.ca/
Got Proofs? =^^=
Send full-perm textures/NCs/urls to SagaKitty in SL or email SagaKittySL@gmail.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: MarissaCloud Resident , Ivy Norsk

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone else confused about Abyss Creme (dom/rec)? - Wendi Lavendel - 04-09-2015 05:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)