Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Australian Mist -- Light Chocolate Recessiveness?
01-20-2015, 02:27 AM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2015 02:30 AM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
RE: Australian Mist -- Light Chocolate Recessiveness?
I saw a chart at auction. Since it is not my cat and I didn't buy it, I cannot post the chart here as it wouldn't be right.

But I do feel I can talk about things without naming names. It narrows things down considerably and then maybe people can post pictures that narrow things down further.

Mom Brown & White Patch Tabby and Dad Foxie Red Mask had Baby Choco Mist

Brown & White Patch Tabby Mom had Brown & White Patch Tabby Mom and Choco Mist Dad
Foxie Red Mask Dad has same Brown & White Patch Tabby Mom and a Chateau 3 spot #1 Dad

Knowns
Foxie Red Mask is definitely recessive to Brown & White Patch
Both Foxie Red Mask and Brown & White Patch is recessive to Chateau 3 spot #1
So Foxie Red Mask is the hid of Brown &White or Chat

The rest is guesswork. Since Dad and Mom have the same mother, they could share 1 same hid
I am guessing Foxie is the hid for the Chat
And Choco Light is the hid for the Brown & white Patch which is why they bred half sibilings
Which would mean Choco Light is recessive to Foxie Red Mask. If it was dominant and both hids were thrown, you would see Choco Light and not Foxie

Since I have a Foxie Red Mask, I'll try to check it out and pair it with my Choco light after it has a baby. Then I can post a picture. Unless someone already has a picture to share.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Australian Mist -- Light Chocolate Recessiveness? - Kayla Woodrunner - 01-20-2015 02:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)