Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

what next? recessive whisker color from starter
01-12-2015, 07:46 PM
RE: what next? recessive whisker color from starter
Thank you so much, so much! i was maybe not going to try hard to see what the starter hid. But you got me to care. From the moment I saw your Flame Whisker baby, Malayaa, I wanted that color! Hehee how could I guess that it would happen with my own really rather bland starter? Thanks Kayla, Malayaa, and Tad!

I did unpack the flame whisker baby and my first thought was to give it a mate with fur and eyes that flame whiskers would co-ordinate with (I put him with a Bali Flame but there are other furs it would look better with). The truth is, flame whiskers don't really look right with blue tabby, in my opinion. I guess it takes a couple of generations to move traits over onto kitties with the other desired complementary traits.

Mostly I'm just happy to get something fun, wanted, and new-ish from my starters. I love how the starters appear to be "tabula rasa," just a blank canvas. In fact, each one of them has a specific cat underneath. In the case of this starter I had, that specific cat was

American Shorthair Blue Tabby
Grape Ice Eyes (Mysterious / Big or Small unknown)
probably No Shade
Big Boo Boo Tail
Rounded Ears
Booo Boo Whisker Shape / Flame Whisker Color

So, not half bad! Or rather ... three quarters bad, one quarter nice Smile The challenges make it continue to be interesting.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: what next? recessive whisker color from starter - Vrem Vaniva - 01-12-2015 07:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)