Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Linden Labs new virtual world.
06-28-2014, 12:49 PM
RE: Linden Labs new virtual world.
Liquid mesh Sad
Why not let us rig over all axis and not only the Z.
A merchant came with this brilliant idea and toxicated LL with this, obviously a poor and stupid solution but nice and cheap for LL.
I never liked to see an avatar with a size sidetable behind or huge water melons instead of breasts.
This is to become ugly with overly streched textures again just as with clothes layers but instead a sort of latex strechable suit.

I think it is clear LL is in the illusion this new world to come is taking over and they do not impliment much senseful technology anymore in SL.
A small deligation is set to SL to keep it running and the majority of Lindens is to work on the promised land -.-
And who is to pay for this future ghost town we in SL 1.0 and why can we do that because this grid rocks and they spoil that money on the wrong investment and in return they assume we leave all that behind just now the economic crisis is starting to see an end mega LOL.
Not only that but they hire even 100 more people to polish and tweak their glossy new world before someone else does.
But how many people are interested in virtual worlds anyway besides their current customers and some new people every so often?
It remains to be a niche market.

Most have plenty to do IRL, FB, Twitter, Flickr and whatnot they have simply no time to have a virtual life how cool looking it may be.
They expect to attract many many new users but I fear they did no proper market investigation as for if people even want or need it besides some dare devils who find their origin in SL.
Their core customers become content creators Ebbe Linden said; ofcourse they are urgently needed.
It is a smack in the face of the rest of the users but that is for them a minor problem I think.
All this does is seperate their current customer base and I've heard even sounds that people stop to invest in SL or leave even.
Many people feel LL pulls the carpet away under their feet and this may very well benefit a so far not so popular grid such as Avination simply because they give people the security of not having too drastic future plans and remain to invest in their current platform.
That is if they are even able to run on their own power and not as mirror of SL.

I think all together this plan is plain stupid.
Why not roll out this new idea over the current SL and keep some of the things such as sculpties and clothes layers which they rather not have on their glossy platform, just to keep those interested in SL with them.
People love their inventories/ memories communities, animals, drama marriages and divorces, new marriages (great for jewelers), favorite places they want to just enjoy their spare time without too much hassle that they have enough during their dayjob.
People want fun and entertainment with a pint or so behind their PC to celebrate the weekend.
And while "just" people are not considered to be the core business of SL 2 they seem to forget that those people pay their bills.
And now they pay the bill of their mechalomanic plans and people do not get the bug fixes they desire for years instead or a basic viewer which is close to doable to play with.
No the money is not invested in their consumers concerns, they throw it down the drain.

I think LL needs a crash course from KC on how to treat customers in keeping them involved.
What looks good on paper may not work for people who really experience a Second Life and are not behind their desk without that experience because if the avarage Linden had lived SL they would never even consider this.

Excuse my rant but I can't stand stupid when I see it.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: anna Acanthus , Gloria Marchant , Devilness Chant

Messages In This Thread
RE: Linden Labs new virtual world. - Kayleigh McMillan - 06-28-2014 12:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)