Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Challenging a cat - theory and practice?
06-15-2014, 03:10 PM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2014 03:24 PM by Vrem Vaniva.)
RE: Challenging a cat - theory and practice?
Funny!
I know, but there are people out there who practice each of these methods and ... they do take themselves , if not me, seriously! (I know i know, still noob after 2 years of kittycats.)

Example: 4 trait cat from starter, hiding Puff tail and showing Frisky tail.

Method 1: Give it a mate with just-barely-better-than-frisky but no major flaws, preferably using kitty that has some traits you'd like to see on your puff-tailed outcome-kitty. Suppose the offspring now shows a Shorty tail (still hiding PUff), but now it's an 8T cat. Take that cat and put it with ... oh, stubby tail maybe (always assuming excellent mate). -- repeat until you get a boy and girl hider, then put those together. (ideally this boy and girl do not show the same tail?)

Method 2: Give it a mate with a posh tail. (But whyyyy??? does this encourage her to "throw" the puff tail? To me, this is the "terrrify them" method. All you're gonna get is offsprings with posh tails, but it makes it harder to tell, in later generations, if the puff tail is still hiding.) But a friend did explain at length to me that i should use posh tails for this. Seriously, this method is in use.

I'll try to put pictures in here. Here's my Puff Hider and her four children so far.
http://gyazo.com/00d9440a0662e62ba7b54056c28e692b
So now, the idea would be to mate up Arnie Puff with Jokine Puff and ... sing to them until they happen to both throw their puff tail? Or, better, Arnie Puff with the one showing tiger curl. *Hums a tune about blenderizing meeroos ...* (gosh i have never had a meeroo so ... that would be hard to do.)
http://gyazo.com/ef5026bd5f4002e44f3f34b59e09c964 <<-- Arnie's pedi (showing the mate I used for the 4T Magic Puff girl)

The one with the frisky tail is not going to be hiding Puff tail. The ones with Shorty tail are hiding it. And the one with tiger curl -- i did that by mistake but it still has "wiggle room" so that if someone else breeds this cat, they can use Swanky or Posh and still be able to tell if their offsprings are still hiding Puff.
I used Method 1 for this . (was lucky to be able to buy the cat and not have to raise 50 starters in order to find her).

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Challenging a cat - theory and practice? - Vrem Vaniva - 06-15-2014 03:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)