Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Limited Purchases for Special Colletion Kitties
03-13-2014, 11:15 PM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2014 11:16 PM by Zevara Resident.)
RE: Limited Purchases for Special Colletion Kitties
Kittycats is a pretty amazing breedable, and I feel the pain from both sides of the fence here. I am a breeder who loves new traits (because it's exciting to be the first to get something brand new to be a part of Kitty history, and its also exciting to think of the price that it might go for). Some people have turned KittyCatS into a serious business, and I applaud them for that. Others, just want to make pretty furballs and I support that, too.

First and foremost, I just want my kitties to be able to feed themselves like so many others have expressed here. I want to be able to create enough income to pay for kibble, milk, and rent on the places that I have shops to display my kitties. I also would like to make enough to buy new, cute kitties that I want and to be a part of the KittyCatS economy. If I expect to sell, I find it only fair that I buy. This is how the World goes round for any market. But, I also breed for the fun of it and to be in the KittyCats community. Most folks are extremely helpful and want nothing more than for everyone to have fun and make pretty kitties. But, the price-dropping really makes it tough to enjoy breeding for me sometimes.

I bought a handful of the most recent Valentine collection and was lucky enough to get Pewter eyes. I can honestly say that the breeders before me who have received this same trait can't sell it on a bid board or at an auction for a very reasonable price for a new trait. I think that a starting bid of $2K for a new eye is a fantastic deal, regardless of where it eventually falls in the line of recessiveness. It's brand new, and no one will buy it! The serenity eyes don't sell either, and as of late, the most recessive Grotto eye is a future sale at many of the auctions I've attended, nor does it sell on bid boards. I personally find that very disheartening. I've also been breeding for a couple of years, and looking back to when I started breeding I would have thought that $2K linden for ANY trait would have been bonkers! Those kinds of prices can be really hard on new folks who are trying to learn and who may not have the capital to invest into getting newer traits. However, if we as a community help newer folks by telling them that if they get a new trait it's possible to get more than $150 linden out of it...I think we should. It serves everyone in a positive way!

As a former breeding noob, I tried to sell many kitties for $100L and I could never figure out why no one bought them. A) It's a price dump and ruins the market, making it really rough to try and recover enough money to feed kitties, and B) as someone who personally ignores prices like that, it's a turnoff to me to buy a kitty that cheap and I automatically assume it's a basic traited kitty with Mysterious, Mysterious, Mysterious traits. I won't buy it. It's even more upsetting to walk past a kitty with a brand new trait selling for extremely cheap, knowing I'm trying so hard to breed it as quickly as possible with more recessive traits to make a beautiful cat and get it out into the market before the price on the trait tanks...in order to pay tier, and food, and milk.

I don't care who you are - if you cannot afford to put RL money into breeding kitties, the market matters. You depend on sales to keep going. Marketing a trait that was discovered three weeks ago (or whatever the timeline is) for $150L ruins it for us all. Of course no one is going to bid on Pewter eyes for $2K when they found it somewhere else for 1/8th of the price (or worse). I don't think the original post was necessarily meant to be malicious. I think it was posted out of frustration that many of us feel, and I thank Julia for it.

P.S. Julia - It's already been discussed, but limiting the number of kitties people can buy would never work. Smile You already expressed your agreement on this. I replied out of agreement with your frustration.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Quantic Kimono

Messages In This Thread
RE: Limited Purchases for Special Colletion Kitties - Zevara Resident - 03-13-2014 11:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 21 Guest(s)