Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Closed 
KittyCatS History: Who discovered what & when?
10-23-2012, 02:45 AM
RE: KittyCatS History: Who discovered what?
Great idea Deer!!!!! Here's what I know, some bits with more certainty than other bits:

-(so far Limited Edition (LE)) Jade eyes from Le Tigre discovered as far as I know by Brandon Dawson
-(so far LE) Tiger Curl from Le Tigre (released June 2012)

-Fussy tail wasn't introduced *with* RFL 2012 kitties (released towards mid-May 2012 acc to KC news) but probably around that time. My steamkitties are 156 days old and I bought and birthed them the day they came out unless memory fails me, but my starter hiding fussy is 160 days old. My other line carrying fussy is even older. My kitty is 154 and at least 3rd generation (parents and grandparents belong to Hamilton Lecker -all 6 of them show genesis tail, so I don't know who was hiding it originally, but all 4 grandparents are 200 days old and it has to have come from one of them).
-Wavy whiskers, as Sara points out, introduced by RFL Steamkitties so around mid-May 2012

-Discoverers of the new traits in Baroque babies (collabor88 2012) as stated in KC monthly Mewsletter of September: Clovis Luik Bronze eye color, Deerylou Resident Foxie Auburn fur, Devilness Chant Bengal Tawny fur, and Kendrah Vantelli Odyssey Burst eyes.

-Love Leopards introduced the LE 7 fruit eyes including Wild Odyssey eyes (but not Divine).Rainbow ones (Ambrosia) hid LE Twinkle shade (Valentine's Day Collection Feb 2012)
-Love Letters introduced 5 of the LE fruit eyes (not sure which) including Divine eyes (but not Wild Ody). (Valentine's Day Collection Feb 2012)

-I believe Ocicat Blue was introduced with the Spring kitties 2012
-I believe Ocicat Ebony Silver was probably introduced around the same time as Ocicat Blue.

-Balinese Seal Lynx, Chocolate lynx and lilac lynx were introduced in the 2011 holiday collection I think (at the very latest towards March 2012, as Callie is holding a Seal lynx on the cover of Best of SL magazine of that month)
-Balinese Flame and Cream came from the Easter 2012 kitties I think, so Fun Flowers and/or Delectable Darlings collections

-from July 2012 Mewsletter: Congratulations were in order for Malicia Python, for acquiring enough jewels for a FanciCat and discovering the Fancie Ocicat – Lavender Dream. (I'd say Mal probably discovered fancie diamond purple eyes then) [fancie pink and fancie blue diamond were probably discovered after July 2011, since KC news explains what jewels are for on July 25]

-The following eyes and furs were retired in April 2012 (from KC news) Eyes
Blacklight
Mocha
Odyssey Dream
Forest
Oceania
Grass
Odyssey Sorbet

Furs
American Shorthair Silver/White Tabby
Bengal Snow
Chateau 3-Spot No. 1
Chateau Black/White No.1
Snowshoe Lilac

(I'm told Red Tabby and white Russian were retired around xmas 2011)

-Lucky Irish eyes appeared as costume on kitties produced between March 17-19 2012 (KC news)
-Fat Cats (Mardi Gras kitties) were kitties produced between Feb 21-23 2012

-Winter Collections 2011: (a) Ice babies didn't pass any LE traits (b) LE Starry Baby Blues eyes were carried by some of the Christmas 2011 Rain Dears © The winter Land Royals didn't pass any LE traits (d) It seems Pointed Soft Fold ears were introduced around this time

-Lazy Dayzies, as Kay pointed out, carried the LE Gerbera eyes (all 4 colours) and LE Porcelain shade. They were the Spring Collection for 2011 (April)

-At the beginning of April 2011, the Kibo and Yuki Neko kitties, produced for the Project FUR Japan, "feature[d] a never before shown “shade”, Porcelain" (KC news) as part of their costume but didn't pass any LE traits.

-The Original Genesis fur collection was retired in April 2012 and replaced by Genesis II furs.

-Soft Exposure (collabor88 Nov) 2011 don't pass any LE traits and at the time were limited to one per avatar. (KC news)
-Haunted Collection for Halloween 2011 didn't introduce any LE traits (Skelecats, Love at first Bite, Devil Dolls)

-More furs, additional eyes and 2 traits were added but unspecified in mid-July 2011 (KC news)

-RFL Seasons of Hope 2011 (May) introduced 4 non-LE new eyes and a new "coat/breed" (KC news) [I asked in group chat about the new eyes some months ago and I remember morning dew was one of them. I wrote them down, but it may take some time until I find the right page. I believe Beach Blue was another one]

-Leprecats were released for St Patrick's day 2011 -a couple of leprecats had the chance of producing special baby, a Leprekitten. If you have one of the 100 special Leprekittens raise your hand and say how old it is and maybe we can figure out who discovered the first one.

-Sweetcats collection released for Valentine's Day in mid Feb 2011 -no LE traits

-Did you mark your calendar on Feb 7, 2011? That's the date the first non-Beta Kitties were released. (ok -Feb 6 at 11.59pm Tongue )
-On Dec 28, 2010 the Beta testing began -how many of you are still here???

That's all I have from going through KC mewsletters and news, and from what breeders that have been around a long time have told me. I didn't go through the blogs or the really old photos in the Flickr group.

I didn't start breeding until the online cattery was implemented, so I never really paid much attention to what was discovered when. My early kitties have , from starter parents, silver/white plush whiskers, Illume, Silver Tabby/Genesis fur and Genesis eyes. Azure and Passion with small pupils, Glitter, Curious/Mysterious ears and one of the non-starter bfs is an Oci Lavender with Mysterious tail and small pupils (that's where the passion eyes came from). My first two starter kitties, the ones hiding the plush whiskers, illume, glitter and silver tabby are 395 days old.

I hope some of this helps. I'll keep looking for those Seasons of Hope eyes.

Bea Shamrock, Kitty carer and breeder

"There are no
ordinary cats"
(Colette)
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Sara Franco , Devilness Chant , Wytchie Resident , Eleanor8 Resident
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: KittyCatS History: Who discovered what? - Bea Shamrock - 10-23-2012 02:45 AM
Fancie Fella Eye - Kayleigh McMillan - 02-22-2013, 03:49 AM
Snappy whisker shape - Barry Ballyhoo - 04-15-2015, 08:54 AM
Correction! - TerrorMisu Resident - 04-16-2015, 08:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)