Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Cattery Errata
04-18-2012, 09:33 AM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2012 09:47 AM by Tad Carlucci.)
Cattery Errata
I am starting this thread as a holding area for bugs and fleas about the new Cattery web pages.
BUG: No cancel button on purchase popup.

Workarround: Pretend you're going to purchase the most expensive item there (since you don't have that much, right?)
When asked: click "no" to cancel.

Without this workarround you cannot Back or Close the popup.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2012, 01:42 PM
RE: Cattery Errata
hi tad Smile

when you go to make a purchase after clicking it asks you YES or NO Smile

so that's a work around to close the popup for now Smile
Find all posts by this user
04-18-2012, 04:57 PM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2012 05:50 PM by Tad Carlucci.)
Feature request: Open boxes stored in the Cattery.

Unexpected behavior: Pedigree Tree Page opens to new tab/window. I expected to be able to Back to it and to have to Shift-click to get the new page. Considering the number of pages Charm opens, she'll probably like the new-tab better. Suggestion is to make it consistent by changing default behavor, or even better, adding a preference setting to the account and let the user choose whether a click should open in the same tab/window or a new one by default.

Feature request: Updaters should update Docks, or the Dock should warn that it out-of-date and needs to be replaced when moving a cat/box back to in-world.

I ran and got a Dock early this morning. In the interim problems cause a bump from 1.19 to 1.21 before I could run some tests. Sent in a 1.21 box, got back a 1.19 .. didn't realize the Dock would need replacement (DOH!). Adding a warning message would be good for future updates. Consider the Whiskers update .. if Docks had existed then you could have sent in a cat with Whiskers and gotten back one without! And if it's a box, you might not notice the mistake for weeks or months.
Feature request: Indicate whether a cat/box is in the Cattery on the Pedigree and Pedigree View pages.

Feature request: Improved workflow.

It seems likely users will spend time on the Cattery pages prior to entering Second Life, running to their Dock, and pulling the cats in-world. Workflow would improve if cats/boxes could be marked for queued retrieval. The Dock would query, see there is a queue, and take the user to that queue for "Check Out" giving the option of selecting some, removing some, or accepting the entire queue. The Dock could them merrily rez out all the requested cats/boxes without further interaction. I would suggest adding some "wiggle" to the target location so that one does not end up with a pile of 100 cats/boxes all at the exact same location.
04-20-2012, 11:56 AM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2012 12:01 PM by Tad Carlucci.)
Feature request: Rez Food and Milk from the Dock.

Food and Milk in the Cattery cannot be used in-world and cannot be converted back to K$ if you no long wish to keep live cats in the Cattery. Adding the ability to rez some, or all, of the food and milk from the Cattery allows users re-capture their investment should they choose to switch back to in-world breeding for a while.

It also allows users to purchase food and milk online, albeit for later delivery in-world, which is a feature requested in the past.
Feature request: Send Food and Milk to the Cattery

I separate the reverse operation as a new request because it's probably far harder to implement as it requires a change to the scripts in the food and milk objects where full bowls, at least, seem like they should be rez-able from the Dock without requiring modification.
Feature request: Box names to the Pedigree and Cattery

This has been requested often before. With the Cattery and Dock it becomes more needed. Users often spend quite some time naming boxes. Without those names being sent to the Pedigree, bringing boxes back from the Cattery resets all names to "New Born Kitten". You can't do a thing about For Sale and Price, but you can remember the box's name for your users.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)