Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Kittycats DIY? - Making our own clothes!
03-19-2012, 04:30 PM
Kittycats DIY? - Making our own clothes!
I had an idea that I cannot quit obsessing over because I think it would be absolutely fantastic for the KittyCatS community.

I started doing KittyCatS around the time of the Leprecats, and at that time there were Rumors of us being able to make our own collars eventually and I was REALLY excited about that as a designer.

I hope that this (along with vests, boots, and hats) is still in our future as a breedable community. I think there could be SO MANY possibilities if this was implemented:

- An entire fashion sub-genre could develop! Imagine - KittyCatS fashion shows, fashion fairs (like hair fair!), events, blogs, and groups! Even just the blogging craze has done amazing things for SL fashion, it could be amazing for kittycats!

- A little extra revenue for KittyCatS breeders who want to get creative! Always good when the market is slow.

- Main-stream designers 'cashing in' on the kittycats fashion scene, bringing new people to the community.

All this would bring gridwide attention to our favorite breedable.. but even I know that its not going to be all sunshine and rainbows. There are a couple scenarios that could make this a bad idea! 1 - KittyCats and Team probably don't want their awesome kitties running around with poorly designed clothes looking totally jank, or wearing something offensive. Also, this would cost them a ton of revenue as currently they're the ONLY source for kittycats fashion. Well I've even thought of a way to prevent that AND add more value to the custom clothing made.

KittyCatS could, instead of making a 'designers resource' pack, could simply sell NO copy 'blank' vests, hats, and collars for a minimum, like 30-50L each (allowing us to sell them for 100-150 and make a decent profit!). We'd of course be limited in the shapes of hats but, we could make due! This would mean that in order to design and sell Kittycats fashion, the designer would have to make an investment in 'materials,' just like real like designers!

This was the best thing I could think of to prevent a FLOOD of hastily thrown together outfits - people would want to make each article COUNT! Also this gives us the ability to sell them in limited quantities - even create one of a kind fashion! Also, and this is awful but lets face it if someone is making less than desirable clothes, they won't sell, and that person will probably improve on their skills before trying again!

I really hope that I've thought of everything, and that this is something that KittyCatS would consider because it would MAKE MY LIFE! My cats need to have studded leather jackets like yesterday!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: AmoreJade Cyberstar , Katharine McGinnis , Kendrah Vantelli , Kikii Littlepaws
03-19-2012, 04:36 PM
RE: Kittycats DIY? - Making our own clothes!
I would SO LOVE to be able to make hats, collars, & the vests. I couldn't agree more!

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Teresa Republic , Kendrah Vantelli
03-21-2012, 02:42 AM
I hope this is considered! Allowing breeders to customize clothing would be a wonderful opportunity for us to express ourselves and be creative with our cats. Smile
03-21-2012, 02:06 PM
I would love, love, love to see this happen for all of the reasons that Teresa has mentioned. It would be awesome for KittyCatS! and for the community.

Also because I'm so dying to be able to coordinate my kitties' hats, collars, and their vests, but I would be more than happy to do that work myself, rather than ask that you guys go back and make things to match existing hats, etc. Wink

Auctioneer: Sundae Sweet Treats (Sun 9:30AM) | Feline Fun & Games (Mon 9AM)
"Once you have been in the dark, you learn to appreciate everything that shines."
03-21-2012, 02:14 PM
*Imagines Ozzy with a cap saying "I love Saga"... And maybe a vest saying "BasementKitteh's Catnip Gang" or something...*

Yeps! Want this! Big Grin
03-22-2012, 11:12 AM
It seems a cute idea can't think though how this would technically work since clothes are no modify.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Thanks given by: Kikii Littlepaws
03-25-2012, 09:19 PM (This post was last modified: 03-25-2012 09:20 PM by Katharine McGinnis.)
(03-22-2012 11:12 AM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  It seems a cute idea can't think though how this would technically work since clothes are no modify.

If this follows through, I predict a work around script that would allow individuals to say the textures UID in local chat, thus applying it to the custom item. Smile
 Thanks given by: Teresa Republic
03-25-2012, 11:48 PM
Yay so exciting, let the creativity flow Tongue Really hope this is possible.
I think a lot of people would enjoy designing their own types of clothing. It would be really fun !!!

Too Adorable a KittyCatS Breedable Market, Adoption & Love Tables, Collectables, Confetti - Since 2011
 Thanks given by: Teresa Republic
03-26-2012, 02:07 AM (This post was last modified: 03-26-2012 02:08 AM by anna Acanthus.)
Well i can't see why this would be impossible.
KCs could sell us a no copy of the scripts used in the allready available clothing to dump into our creations in the case of clothing shapes we create ourselves, and maybe some of their already created items with a multipart texture changer for some of their own clothes shape creations.
Maybe also a bulk price for the scripts; mod/transfer, and this could create a nice little sideline for some on the secondary market.
Clothing creation compets and stuff, could be cool as some of our members are very creative.
 Thanks given by: Teresa Republic , Kikii Littlepaws

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)