Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Idea: limited time sale on kibble
11-08-2011, 10:35 PM
Idea: limited time sale on kibble
Several members of the kittycats only swappers and givers group were discussing tonight the strain new traits and now the collabor88 kitties are putting on their shop sales. I believe that the new kitties are wonderful, and I'm excited to see all the new breeders brought in by this fantastic new promotion, but...

For some of the long-time breeders, the hit to their bottom line has been crippling and made it hard for them to buy kibble in the interim while the market re-stabilizes. The idea was brought up that it would be a great time for a sale on kibble, both to encourage the new breeders to expand their cattery size (hence stimulating the market) and to encourage long-time breeders that their concerns matter to the KC brand and that you have their backs.

Any chance this might happen?

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2011, 10:46 PM
RE: Idea: limited time sale on kibble
Sounds like an awesome idea to me!!!!! I know it has been a rough few weeks of selling and it does make it hard to feed the cats we love as well as add the new cats to the existing cattery to bring in the new traits. I think you would find that you would in the long wrong grow your business and we can grow ours. LOVE THE IDEA!!!!
Find all posts by this user
11-09-2011, 12:24 AM
I very much agree with this. I love the idea that the new events are bringing new buyers into KittyCats and eventually it will be good for everyone, but we are really hurting right now. I am menagerie-ing cats like never before - without even really knowing what they are capable of - because my food costs are so high and sales are soooooooo sloowwww (and only the cheapest cats sell.)

Heart Coriander Co-Op, our cute little store at Too Adorable! Heart
11-10-2011, 12:27 AM
I have posted and deleted and reposted because i have such strong feelings on this and feel like it totally needs to be addressed. Lowering prices of food that is already the lowest for a breedables well doesnt make sense, if you cant afford the food because your business is going down, then dont breed as many menagerie or whatever to help with the costs, in every situation ive seen with breedables having a sale on food, it tends to make people breed more and saturate the market more, because htey are saying oh here i can breed extra this week food is cheaper. Now onto the part about Kittycats having to prove they have your back? After all they have already done, all the suggestions they have taken, all the prettys, all the specials, allt he animations, prim saving, huds, collars everything they already do now you are telling them to prove they have your back. I am sorry I think its wrong.

Heart Rori
Find all posts by this user
11-10-2011, 12:28 AM
I'm afraid perhaps my intentions have been misconstrued somehow. Personally I have no need for a food sale because I never allow our cattery to grow to a size beyond what I can support with RL mad money budgeted for SL. I absolutely support KC and think they're the best breedable out there. I would hope that by now everyone understands my dedication to the brand and my good wishes to every breeder and the market at large. This was not in any way intended as an attack on KC or the creators or as an implication that they do not care about their customers. Callie and Equinox have spent enough time talking to me in-world that I hope they know my affection for them, and if they don't, then here, have a Heart because I adore you both. If I knew KittyCats himself better, I'm sure I'd Heart him too.

Rather, I have seen some very ugly drama forming and hurt feelings stewing, and because those people who are feeling so angry and upset have not voiced their frustrations in an appropriate public forum where the KC staff has any way to address them, to make certain the issue did not fester in private and become uglier I thought it would be best to make a public area in which to discuss the issue. However, despite those persons having had a chance to post here in the last 24 hours, they have not. If they don't speak up about their frustrations in an appropriate forum (i.e. this forum, created by the staff in order to handle these specific issues and worries from their customers because they -are- very concerned and involved, caring people) then if they don't get what they want, it's their own fault.

This enables me and anyone else to refer those persons here when they begin to vent their upset and derail what could become drama in KC groups or elsewhere where it is not the appropriate venue for said conversation. Hopefully that clears up my intentions. I agree with Aurora that menagerie and picking up cats you cannot afford is the best, most direct, and smartest way to immediately curtail your expenditures. As well, it is always best to remove cats from the breeding population who do not have the caliber of genetics which will contribute on the level at which most breeders are currently operating. While I'm by no means as certain as Aurora that a discount on food sales (kibble only, not milk, limited time, perhaps only on 20 packs?) would cause a sudden population explosion and impact the market negatively, if that's the considered reasoning of the brand, then simply voicing it would give those of us who moderate groups and may be trying to curtail drama something solid to point those persons at so that we can mitigate the negativity in our KC-related social circles.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)