Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Request: Important news via subscribo too
11-27-2013, 07:31 PM
RE: Request: Important news via subscribo too
Personally I do NOT want notices about whatever new was found or other minor notices through the subscribo. When a new collection is released sometimes we can see 2-6 new things being discovered and I personally do NOT want my messages being capped by what has been found. I prefer it the way it is now where major things like things on sale and such are posted the the subscribo and traits and such are in the group.

Not to mention depending on the size of the subcriobos subscribers those can take a LONG time to deliver to everyone. For example I get notices from Truth about 3 days after I hear about them on plurk, flickr or blogs. So to me that really wouldn't be a big help anyway.

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2013, 10:30 AM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2013 10:31 AM by Callie Cline.)
RE: Request: Important news via subscribo too
for now the best way is to check past notices.

our subscribe-o-matic, (SOM) is used in the same way the "quiet" group is used. for major releases, etc. the SOM due to the way it works is not a viable option to send out things like traits, etc... one message can take 4 to 6 hours. (it is determined by group size) so that would not solve the problem of getting news out fast to a large group.

we send a lot of notes in the "addicts" group that keep with the tone of the chatter, fun, etc. the best way if one wants to get EVERY one of those is really to check the notices as yes, SL can be very unreliable. it's not just large groups, some smaller groups i am in i miss the notices too! the interesting thing is, some i don't really care that much about i seem to get notices all day long!!! go figure!

so for the most relevant news, we will always post that in both groups and the SOM, and the forum. for the extra fun stuff, that can often be many on some days... especially when the cats post Tongue we will use the Addicts group and everyone can check in past notices as they are kept for 2 weeks! Smile

hope that clarifies a bit! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Aubreygrace Starlight , Sanura Snowpaw

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)